NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any screenwriters thinking about this contest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 10:09am
Hello Chris and Caroline and thank you for your welcome. Hug

Caroline - I live in Port Cogolin on the Gulf of St Tropez and am originally from Manchester in the north west of England.

I came here specifically to write full-time. I packed up my three bedroomed house and came here with only what I could pack into a Ford Fiesta - which included my computer, a trunkful of notes, 2 dogs and a daughter. So not many possessions as you can imagine. The most cathartic experience in my life thus far.

A lot poorer - and a lot happier - 4 years later I have worked my way through that trunk and written my first screenplay.  I've started work on 3 other screenplays and realise that I need an agent or manager.

That soul-less and disheartening task led me to exploring the plethora of sites for writers.  I immediately liked both NYCmidnight and WriterBytes - the first for the opening statement  "The mission of NYC Midnight Movie Making Madness is to discover a new wave of talented filmmakers and storytellers from around the world and provide them with an outlet for their creativity."  and the second for the contacts and submission tracking tool.

So - within the next year I shall enjoy the Short Story and Screenplay competitions with you guys, I shall keep track of my submission requests with WriterBytes, I shall finish at least one of the 3 screenplays that I've started and - biggest hope of all - I shall have an agent to manage me.

It's going to be fun and hard work.

Julie
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2006 at 5:36am

I have signed up. I'm looking forward to this. It's good to get my brain working in multiple directions.

An assignment can never hurt!
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:05am
I'm curious to see how many people actually sign up for this competition. The forums are kind of dead so far.

I'm hoping there are more than a small handful of participants.
Chris Messineo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:10am

It's hard to say how many will sign up for this one, since they haven't run it before.

Typically though (and unofficially), only about 1 out of 5 contest participants seems to take part in the forums.

Chris

SavageG View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavageG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:18am
Chis, chris, chris. How did I know you were going to take part in the short story competition.

Now the question is... are you back in the forums for the contest, or did you just never leave?
Not all who wander are lost, not all who wonder without wisdom.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:21am
No, I haven't signed up.  I don't think I have time to do this one, as I am shooting another short film in January.

I just like hanging out with all of you writers.

Chris
SavageG View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavageG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:24am
I'm starting to think that you're not actually a person, but some sort of electronic entity that haunts these hallowed servers...
Not all who wander are lost, not all who wonder without wisdom.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:34am

Sometimes I think that as well.

Chris
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2006 at 3:40am
Well, he is a black belt ninja.....
nicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 12:33pm

Add me to the list! Smile

I am new to this site as well.  I am a terrible procrastinator and feel that having a deadline might help me to actually complete a story.  I have so many ideas for a script and have attempted to write six of them but never get past the first act before I get bored with my original idea.  Confused 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic