NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new(ish) flash fiction competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:41am
I was in Group 3 too, Zelda! Would totally be down to swap!
FFC Challenge 2 Mom Knows Best
FFC Challenge 1 The Exchange [6 points]
Sponsored Links
The #1 Writing Tool

Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

I was in Group 3 too, Zelda! Would totally be down to swap!

Woo hoo!!! Group 3 rules!! Yeah, sure! I'll PM you my email address!!
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:52pm
Group 1, here! This was... fun? Different? It feels like we don'T have as much freedom vis à vis our prompts, but since we're free to pick the genre, it sort of makes up for it, I guess.

The best part is the TWO WEEKS of waiting, instead of two months. But I guess it comes with the lesser number of entrants... 

Can't wait to see if I make it through! I hope to see all of you down the road to R2! Cool
FFC C1 Hooked (15pts)
FFC C2 Tied Down
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
Group 1 also. I felt like that was a lot harder to accomplish, and I felt I accomplished it less successfully. I wonder if it's because there was no assigned genre, so I felt adrift. I'm not sure what genre I ended up writing in :P

The two week wait time is nice. I don't suspect I'll advance in that contest, just wasn't very happy with my entry. But...who knows?

I am starting to have bad dreams about both these competitions; starting to get them mixed up. Last night I had a dream about the YeahWrite! competition, except it must've really ben the NYC midnight one, because I dreamt that I got a 0 for my second entry because they said they never got it :P The stress dreams are beginning!
Nikki Bennett

R2: The Noh Show
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:45pm
I had that recurring dream where I'm back in the college dorms again. What does it all mean? 
AndrewShootsScores View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewShootsScores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:54pm
Yeah... I felt that this was a lot harder too... because it was so oddly specific. But I got something done that I don't totally hate. There's a glimmer of something there, at least... and am thinking it could be a bigger story if I wanted to flesh it out. We'll see, though. Am also happy about the two-week wait time. 

Am doing Fiction War again THIS weekend. My wife is starting to think that this is a thing with me. :)

Am clearly a glutton for punishment... and am getting addicted to these timed competitions. Have any of you found any others like these that you've enjoyed?

Edited by AndrewShootsScores - 19 Oct 2017 at 10:55pm
2017 FFC - Ch1 - The Van Gogh Cat
2017 FFC - Ch2 - The Driftwood Redemption
One_likethewind View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One_likethewind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:13am
Could you post a link to Fiction Wars? I'm new to these competitions and would like to check out more of them. :-)
One_likethewind
AndrewShootsScores View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewShootsScores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:05pm
Sure thing... it's https://www.fictionwar.com
2017 FFC - Ch1 - The Van Gogh Cat
2017 FFC - Ch2 - The Driftwood Redemption
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic