NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new(ish) flash fiction competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:55pm
First off, thanks so much for your useful comments in this thread. As for the tone of the feedback in round 1, you all are completely right and we apologize.

All I can say is we’re just starting our second year of this competition, and we are still figuring things out. Please be patient with us.

Second, we are still experimenting with the prompts. We’d love your constructive feedback on which prompts you liked and which didn’t work well for you and why. Send anything you’re willing to share to superchallenge@yeahwrite.me.

Again, so sorry for the tone of the first round feedback. We think we’ve fixed it for Round 2, but we know we can always improve, so let us know if it doesn’t hit the mark.

Nate

innatejames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:00pm
Hi again,

I should also state clearly that I did not read any of this thread until after my scores and feedback were turned in. And to remind everyone that judging is totally blind.

Obviously, I will not convey any of the contents of this thread to the YW team until after the contest, and I will not name names. I won’t be in here again until the YW contest is over. And I won’t ever come back here again while a YW contest is happening. It was naive of me to think you wouldn’t be talking about it here.

Nate

Edited by innatejames - 05 Nov 2017 at 3:28pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:17pm
Hey, Nate, it's OK!! I had fun even though my story didn't get me to round 2! Big smile Don't worry! You can smooth out the wrinkles! 

steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:14pm
Results and feedback for Round 2 will be here soooon! So many reasons to be nervous right now!!
Micro Fiction 2020 R1 G51 - Roadkill Roulette (Comedy)
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Results and feedback for Round 2 will be here soooon! So many reasons to be nervous right now!!

Hoping everyone gets tons of NYCM points & lovely commentary from YW. I always want to stay up until midnight and always fall asleep. Old person that I am.

Best of luck peeps!
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Hoping everyone gets tons of NYCM points & lovely commentary from YW. I always want to stay up until midnight and always fall asleep. Old person that I am.

Best of luck peeps!

When do you guys find out about YW? Looks like double whammy today with that and NYCM?

Good luck!!! Keep us posted.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:47pm
Feedback will probably come around midnight and then results by noon tomorrow? That's how it worked for Round 1 at least. Tomorrow will definitely be a wild day! Haha.
Micro Fiction 2020 R1 G51 - Roadkill Roulette (Comedy)
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:48pm

Feedback will probably come around midnight and then results by noon tomorrow? That's how it worked for Round 1 at least. Tomorrow will definitely be a wild day! Haha.

Definitely! Keep me posted, fingers crossed for you.
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:15am
How was your feedback, kids? I was pleased with mine. Like any feedback some of it was subjective and I didn't agree with every point. But the tone & professionalism was more what I expected. Constructive. We'll see who's moving on at noon tomorrow. Erm, today.

Edited by nod1v1ng - 08 Nov 2017 at 1:16am
AndrewShootsScores View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewShootsScores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:25am
My YW feedback was much more constructive this time. One of the judges also had very complimentary things to say about part of my story, which is always nice.

That said... they're not totally convinced that I nailed the prompts. Truth be told, I'm not either.

We'll see if I progress to round 3. How'd everyone else do?
2019 Micro – Ch1 - Cookie-Shaped Charcoal
2019 FFC – Ch2 - An Introduction to Wandering
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
  Share Topic