NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

250 words - submitted!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Curryfriedrice Curryfriedrice wrote:

Hey all I’m sorry to ask this here but can anyone tell me what fonts are allowed for this contest? In the screen play contests it looks like they don’t allow times new Roman but in rhyming they did, just want to make sure this one I can do TNR.

You copy and paste your story into a box/window instead of attaching a file, so font doesn’t matter Smile
KathChapman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathChapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Curryfriedrice Curryfriedrice wrote:

Hey all I’m sorry to ask this here but can anyone tell me what fonts are allowed for this contest? In the screen play contests it looks like they don’t allow times new Roman but in rhyming they did, just want to make sure this one I can do TNR.

There are no formatting rules around font and spacing like the other NYCM competitions - the only formatting requirment is anonymity. There's no title page, and don't include your title in the document. You'll be cutting and pasting the body of the piece into a text box rather than submitting a formatted document.
250 R1 G95 PUNCH-DRUNK
RSC R1 G19 COUNTDOWN
Curryfriedrice View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curryfriedrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 8:54pm
Thank you!!
b.isabelwrites View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.isabelwrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 9:12pm
This is my first time doing the challenge, and I had horror as well, but my action was Taking something from a safe-deposit box, and my word was mark. I am simply hoping that they get horror from it because I didn't go dark humor, more paranormal/psychological. I'm excited to expand it into a longer story, though, after this is over. I had so much more to say.
Bobbie
nobodyowens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobodyowens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 9:29pm
First time doing the 250 Micro fiction challenge, it was a little more difficult than i expected. 

I drew group 75 Suspense/Thriller, asking for money, vision

I've never written suspense, but I did enjoy the challenge. 

Special thank you to my amazing beta readers Autumn and Alyson 😊

cant wait to read everyone's stories! 

Good luck
justmel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 9:57pm
Group 10, RomCom, cutting in line/queue, senior.

Submitted. I like it, but I'm not too sure the judges will. Romcom isn't my favorite genre, and cramming romcom tropes into 250 words is nuts. But hey, it's done and in, so I'm celebrating that. :) 
emilyelledge View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilyelledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 10:06pm
I got thriller/suspense, the word "rave," and putting away groceries 🥲 not sure how successful I was with packing suspense into 250 words. My partner said, "It's good." V unhelpful £
FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 10:08pm
Done and dusted!

First time in 3 years I've had sci-fi, which I was happy about. (Still a virgin on some of the genres I worry about most - polsat, comedy, horror...) Inflating a ball was more complex. Entry as a word OK, but I love those words you can portmanteau into others with different meanings. Gives so many more possibilities.

Best of luck everyone. Looking forward to some wild and varied reading.
bunkie68 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunkie68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 10:11pm
I got fairy tale and/or fantasy/hugging/image. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but it's done! We'll see what the judges think.
Bravo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 10:17pm
HEYO one and all!! Two hours left!!! Hope everybody is having a creative, amazing night. 

My prompts were . . . Action/Adventure . . . Catching something in a net . . . flavor

Does anybody know when, how the specific groups are formed? Usually they have areas for each group to share stories, etc. 

GOOD LUCK!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic