NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

250 words - submitted!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LZY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 250 words - submitted!
    Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 3:46pm
This was my first 250 word challenge and I absolutely loved it. I was given the following prompts:

Romance / playing a sport / note

I've never written romance before and I struggled initially to think of a plot good enough to write about but one where I could sum up in such a small word count. I actually quite pleased with how it came out.

What prompts did everyone else get?
FFC 2022, R1: Pièce de Résistance
Sgreen516 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sgreen516 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 3:52pm
This was my first 250 word challenge as well!

I got Comedy / Melting Cheese / Mill

I laughed at the idea I came up with, laughed writing it and laugh now thinking about it.  I hope everyone else finds it funny!
LZY View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LZY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 3:59pm
A comedy about melting cheese sounds very funny! Glad you enjoyed writing it, I'd love to read it :) 
FFC 2022, R1: Pièce de Résistance
bikaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bikaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 4:00pm
First timer here, too! Historical fiction, action - panhandling, word - trim
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 4:06pm
I've just submitted. I had ghost story/running through a forest/guide. I don't know how I feel, I find these challenges unbelievably frustrating but I'm also slightly addicted to the rush. 
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 4:08pm
Just to add that I'm not that sure about my story this time but I loved the one I submitted for my first 250 word challenge and that only got an HM, whereas I got all the way to the final of the FFC with stories I wasn't sure about, so what do I know?
mothrasflame View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothrasflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Rullawaykid Rullawaykid wrote:

Just to add that I'm not that sure about my story this time but I loved the one I submitted for my first 250 word challenge and that only got an HM, whereas I got all the way to the final of the FFC with stories I wasn't sure about, so what do I know?

I've also never made it past round 1 of the 250, though I've made it to the finals of longer stories three times. Still figuring out the very short form I guess 😕

I also just submitted, and I like my story, loved the prompts.

I'm group 91 - Fantasy/Fairy Tale; hugging; "image"

(I hope that describing people as "embracing" is enough to meet the hugging prompt... the word "hug" didn't fit with the vibe I was going for.)

Fingers crossed for us to get through R1 this time!
KathChapman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathChapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 6:06pm
I got Hist Fiction (which I've been dreading), Boxing and Quest.

I did not get sleep, disappearing down a reseach wormhole through the wee hours, determined to at least wake up with a completed draft that didn't make me wince. Haha.

Submitted and revised - now I'm going to nap.
250 R1 G95 PUNCH-DRUNK
RSC R1 G19 COUNTDOWN
bdemoney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 6:18pm
I just submitted too. I had the prompts drama/signing an autograph/side

Had fun coming up with my story idea and have been revising it since writing it this morning. Didn't realize that everyone does not advance to the next to challenges. Hope I get to continue. I had a lot of fun doing this challenge. Hope everyone enjoys the story I ended up creating.  Good luck to everyone!
Writer'sblockwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Writer'sblockwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 6:23pm
This is my 3rd year! I just submitted.
Ghost story, skin, asking for forgiveness. My fingers are crossed!
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/r1-gr47-lesson-learned-action_topic37913.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic