NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

250 Word Challenge open for registration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 250 Word Challenge open for registration
    Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 4:18pm
I've already signed up - who's joining me?
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 4:27pm
Yep, I love the 250. 
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 5:31pm
Maybe. I'll be in Spain on vacation and the time difference could work very nicely, but I hope I remember when to submit the story.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 10:29pm

I am there. This is one of my favorites.
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

Maybe. I'll be in Spain on vacation and the time difference could work very nicely, but I hope I remember when to submit the story.

I found being on Central European Summer time made R2 of 100w and R1 of flash WAY easier.
FerretKittyMom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerretKittyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:32am
Just registered a couple minutes ago!! Smile
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:45am
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

I found being on Central European Summer time made R2 of 100w and R1 of flash WAY easier.

I imagine that if you're the type who can get the prompts and immediately start writing, then starting first thing in the morning is perfect. However, if you're liable to go right to the deadline, a 5am finish is not ideal (especially if you have work on Monday!).

Edited by theinquisitor - 02 Sep 2022 at 2:46am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 3:05am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

I imagine that if you're the type who can get the prompts and immediately start writing, then starting first thing in the morning is perfect. However, if you're liable to go right to the deadline, a 5am finish is not ideal (especially if you have work on Monday!).

I have heard these same words from betas, they lose those four or five hours and so have a different deadline.
Pundit View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pundit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 10:29am
Does anyone know how long it takes? I posted on Facebook about this challenge, trying to qualify for the code that would give me $5 off on the registration fee. I thought I did everything correctly - setting the post to "public" and submitting the URL to NYC Midnight. But it's been a few days now and I have not rec'd an e-mail with the promotional code.

Does it usually take awhile to hear back?
FF22 CH1 GP41 Auto Motive
FF22 CH2 GP41
Half and Half
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Pundit Pundit wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes? I posted on Facebook about this challenge, trying to qualify for the code that would give me $5 off on the registration fee. I thought I did everything correctly - setting the post to "public" and submitting the URL to NYC Midnight. But it's been a few days now and I have not rec'd an e-mail with the promotional code.

Does it usually take awhile to hear back?

No, it happened virtually instantly for me this time. I'd contact them and check.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic