NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Rhyming Story Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Rhyming Story Titles and Synopses
    Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:03am
Hello!! Congrats on jumping into the deep end on the most oddly specific NYCM contest ever. I hope this week treated you well and you managed to get your inner voice to stop rhyming sooner than later. ;) Please don't post your story until we get the all-clear email from NYCM (usually about 72 hours, so Tuesdayish).

But in the meanwhile, feel free to share your prompts, titles, and synopses below! I'm super stoked to see what everyone came up with!! :)
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:05am
Woohoo!! Thank you for kicking us off; this is my favorite thread of every competition! I'd love to see yours, too, Taylor Smile

Group 86: Sci-Fi/Discipline/Horrified

CW: Car accident/death of a child/child abuse (Went a bit dark with this one)

HEART SONG

SYNOPSIS: When a teenager’s car accident ends in the death of her younger sibling, her abusive mother sends her to a reformatory where “undesirables” are locked away to build the steel guards that patrol the city. Once there, the girl turns her attention to the far more important task of building a final resting place for her sister’s soul.

Edited by CamsynClair - 02 Oct 2022 at 12:05am
rlambert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rlambert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:08am

Group 86 - Sci-Fi / Discipline / Horrified

A Whole New World

After many years in space, 

A crew dreams of a new home base.

But there are safety rules in place 

That they should follow, just in case.

Edited by rlambert - 02 Oct 2022 at 8:19am
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:08am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Woohoo!! Thank you for kicking us off; this is my favorite thread of every competition! I'd love to see yours, too, Taylor Smile

HEART SONG

SYNOPSIS: When a teenager’s car accident ends in the death of her younger sibling, her abusive mother sends her to a reformatory where “undesirables” are locked away to build the steel guards that patrol the city. Once there, the girl turns her attention to the far more important task of building a final resting place for her sister’s soul.

MINE TOO! I'm so impatient to read so the synopses are an excellent treat. Yours is so no exception!! So much promise, especially with that emotion paired with that worldbuilding omg. Can't wait to read your poetry with a rhyme to it <3

Thanks, that's kind of you!! :) I'll share shortly
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
EMeadows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EMeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:08am
Group 53, Action /Adventure, Hunger (theme), Infuriated

Kallie’s Dallies

After a sleepy butterfly presses snooze on her big debut, she emerges from her cocoon alone and greatly overdue. Will her natural instincts lead her to the ultimate prize, or will her late start doom her to wander adrift in the skies?

This was a really fun and very difficult challenge for me. I can't wait to read everyone's stories! Congratulations all! 
rlambert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rlambert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:09am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

HEART SONG

Can't wait to read yours, heatmate! 
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:10am
Group 77: horror / anonymous / anxiety

Those Weirdos on the Internet
25-Down (7 letters): M - - - T E R
a stranger haunting a crossword chatroom,
whose dangerous game promises your doom

Inspired by my addiction to the best crossword site ever, downforacross.com x)
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:10am
Group 7 - comedy / garbage / overwhelmed

And of COURSE I just reread mine and at exactly 5am - 1 minute after the deadline - spotted a missing period and a missing semi colon. Ah well. 

Cinders, Recycled

Who wants a garbage-filled life of cleaning and skivvying when, with a little help from a Fairy Godmother, you can go to the BALLROOM! But far, far better to meet a queen than some prince.

TeeHi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:13am
Group 57:
 Fairy Tale/Fantasy ... prophetic ... worried

THE MID-EVIL QUEEN

(simple title, like classic FTs)

Afraid of meeting the same fate as other wicked queens, Queen Lyndora tries to change her ways.

It doesn't always go so well, and the narrator’s skepticism doesn't help any.

Edited by TeeHi - 02 Oct 2022 at 12:15am
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:14am
Group 37 - Rom Com - Jealousy - Ashamed. We all know Tinder is the HEIGHT of romance, so wait til you read about Cinder. ;) 

Mira On the Wall

Bea is a witch unlike any other,

All she wants is to feel her heart flutter.

Wish as she might, the truth is this:

Only princesses get a true love’s kiss.

SSC R1: The Many Faces of Gemini

All my NYCM work: Author Archive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>