NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 FFC Round 1 Titles & Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 48>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 FFC Round 1 Titles & Synopses
    Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:10am
Congrats to you all for triumphing over this weekend and whatever circumstances it threw at you. Nothing about this contest is easy, and you kicked ass if you sat down and gave it your all.

Feel free to share titles and synopses, but don't post your story until you get the email from NYC Midnight (should be Wednesdayish)
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
AdamGensler View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamGensler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:15am

Scavenger Hunt

A beloved bookmobile owner leaves clues to his own murder.

fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:15am
Group 22.  Fairy tale / foster home / a spice rack

Hush

In a world buried under a blanket of silence, an abandoned baby’s cry rings out as she’s left on Mama Jacinta’s doorstep. The emerald-eyed, honey-skinned child will grow at Jacinta’s side, bringing magic, color… and something more to the land where hush rules all.

Edited by fioOxf - 13 Jun 2022 at 2:12pm
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:15am
Crime Caper/ Poolroom / Couch

Nearly accidentally deleted my couch when cutting words, which is rough as I usually make the object more important lol and didn't care much for this prompt -- but somehow got it done! Not a fan of my hasty synopsis either, but c'est la vie. 

Get a Cue

Plans A and B, to swap the famed and framed 5k bill from behind the bar of the legendary Get a Cue poolroom and auction it off, seem simple enough, but when both fall through, will a risky Plan C succeed? Or should we have known better than to hustle a hustler?

surnica View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surnica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:17am

My prompts were Spy/Police Station/ Fire Hydrant.

For the King

Frank’s been embedded as a mafia mole in the police department for years.  When Tony King, the leader of the Bronzeville Bangers, gets arrested, it’s up to Frank to take drastic action to retrieve the evidence before it can be used to put The King away forever.

WhistlerCrowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:18am
Group 11 | Horror | Roadblock | Wedding Cake

This is written as a free-verse poem.

Blood Covenant

A girl’s moonlit pilgrimage to lay her mama to rest is halted at a drunk driving checkpoint set up by a group of backwoods cops.

Edited by WhistlerCrowe - 13 Jun 2022 at 12:39am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:19am
20 - Crime Caper - poolroom - couch

Not my fav genre, but I submitted.

FOOL’S GOLD

When an intergalactic band of thieves arrives, they consider Earth easy pickings. They’re left messaging their eye stalks while dealing with the politics.

AdamGensler View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamGensler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:19am
Originally posted by AdamGensler AdamGensler wrote:

Scavenger Hunt

A beloved bookmobile owner leaves clues to his own murder.

Sorry for double post.  I barely submitted and am extremely tired and forgot to give my prompts.

Group 15, Mystery / Bookmobile / String
WhistlerCrowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:20am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

Hush

In a world buried under a blanket of silence, an abandoned baby’s cry rings out as she’s left on Mama Jacinta’s doorstep. The emerald-eyed, honey-skinned child will grow at Jacinta’s side, bringing magic, color… and something more to the land where hush rules all.

Ooohhh... I hope you'll share yours for peer review when we're able, the synopsis has caught my eye. 
CLRosser View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLRosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:21am
Group 50 - Drama / a pond / a sewing machine

Reflections

As the sun sets, Dolores is trying to muster all her strength to give her daughter one last bit of motherly advice.

So, side note.  I just saw that my tagline name is spelled differently than the name in the story, a detail that a Beta pointed out to me and I could have SWORN I fixed immediately *bangs head on desk in despair*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 48>