NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Screenplay First Round Announcement?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewriteidea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 Screenplay First Round Announcement?
    Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 12:59pm
Is there a delay? I see from the official rules that a list of first round winners was going to be posted June 1... but can't find it on the site. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. If it's posted, please let me know where.

mra061818 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mra061818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 1:20pm
I think you were looking at the announcement date for "Tweet Me A Story". The1st Round Finalists of the screenwriting challenge will be announced June 3, 2009 by 11:59PM EST

Edited by mra061818 - 02 Jun 2009 at 1:20pm
thewriteidea View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewriteidea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 8:36pm
Thanks for the reply, but I pulled this from the Official Rules of the current Screenwriter's Challenge:

17. 1st Round Winners Announcement - All 1st Round Finalists will be announced by June 1, 2009 via e-mail and on www.nycmidnight.com (hereinafter, the “Website”), on a posting to the Website. Each 1st Round Finalist MUST then re-confirm in writing (to be received by the LLC) their intention to participate in the 2nd Round of the Screenplay Competition (wherein 1st Round Finalists will compete for the Screenplay Contest Prizes by writing an original short screenplay within 24 hours); and may be required to submit a signed “2nd Round Screenplay Participation Agreement” to be RECEIVED by the LLC by June 3, 2009.

So at one time the announcement was supposed to go up on June 1. The 3rd is also mentioned as the deadline to confirm participation in the finals.

Guess I'll just check back tomorrow.

mra061818 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mra061818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 4:06am
I got my information from http://www.nycmidnight.com/2009/SC/challenge.htm

It would appear that today's the day...good luck to you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic