NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

100 Word Microfiction Challenge Master Lists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaldenPond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100 Word Microfiction Challenge Master Lists
    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:31pm
Why is it that not all 100 Word Microfiction Challenge stories are posted in the forums? The Master List doesn't contain every story. Does each author have to post their own story?

Thanks for the information.
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 11:32pm
The forums are voluntary. If an author WANTS to put their story in the forum they can, but they don't have to. In fact when you compare the heat lists to the forum posts, only a small fraction of the people who enter put their stories on the forums. More often than not, I've never read most of the winners/top-placing stories in my heat. Last year (IIRC in round 1 of the SSC) I was the only person from my heat who put their story in the forums. 

Personally I do the contest more for the forums than any real hope of winning. But strictly speaking, they're just a nice bonus feature and you don't have to use them if you enter. The only place you HAVE to put your story is Submittable. 
FFC 2020 Ch 1 Gr 21: Cellared
Ch2 Gr 21: The Spy Who Came in For The Cake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic