NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's in the Short Screenplay Challenge 2016?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercislovaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 6:59pm
Thanks for the response.

I noticed the submission form was different, just wasn't sure if I should double-down on identifying the script. But you've squashed any doubt. 

Thanks! And good luck to you as well!
GR17 R1: Salvage
vkmartin View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vkmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 9:20pm
Just submitted my script, with just under two hours to spare. I feel less stressed about this one than the flash fiction, probably because in this contest I'm mainly just trying to get some practice in. I'd love to do well but writing two scripts and getting feedback is going to be reward enough (it is also a good reward for flash fiction but I have more hope about advancing there).

Also, my prompt actually seemed to fit together better than what I got for flash fiction. I'm group 19, which is comedy/a costume party/an ice sculpture. I got a solid idea right away and just ran with it. I'm not sure if it's funny enough but I enjoyed it.
StephwithanF View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephwithanF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:20am
Oh what? I totally put my group # in my title. lol

BTW I was uploading with like 10 mins to go. The minute I saw the sign in page I was like WTF I didn't account for this??

Luckily it was quick.
Adite View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:17pm
Hey guys... have you faced any problems with the Forum lately? Couldn't log in for the last couple of days for some strange reason.

I am in Group 6 (drama, dialysis center, rabbits foot). I think I did pretty okay but then the judges might think differently. :) Not going to stress though! ;)  Also doing NaNoWriMo...

Any Group 6-ers out here? Would love to exchange notes. Cheerio.
Adite
Annerocious View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annerocious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 5:56pm
Hi, all! I just dug out my old username/password from the short competition waaaaaay back in the olden days of 2008. It's nice to be back.
Round 1 Heat 21 The Gentle Sex

NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 12:48pm
Hey DARREN. Good to see you again. Hoping we both do well this time. Cheers. SCOTT.
"What a day! What a lovely day!"
stu_cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu_cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 6:32am
Hey Folks, 

Took part for the first time this year, great challenge and lots of fun. Just here for the challenge and to try and improve my writing skills. 

Was in Unit 22. Please feel free to give my entry a read, any feedback is welcomed. 

thanks 

Stuart

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr-70CKu0EaUXh2LVBCWlAtbm8/view?usp=sharing 

stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by thiekeds thiekeds wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with using Scrivener to write screenplays? It has a screenplay mode/template. Wondering if it's any better/worse than some of the free options, such as Celtx?

I've used Scrivener to write a few test screenplays, and it kinda fine. I had an issue with the output, as I could not use Courier Final Draft or Courier Prime due to some weird baseline issues, but plain ol' Courier worked fine.

I tried Writers Duet online to write screenplays and Amazon Storywriter online, and found that I like both of them--Amazon Storywriter is simpler, and Writers Duet has more bells and whistles. Both allow collaboration, but WD is, in my opinion, more robust in collaboration. I don't remember if WD has an offline mode, but AS does - you can install a Google Chrome app that lets you create and edit existing stories and then sync them when you go online.

I'll probably use Scrivener or Amazon Storywriter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic