NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's in the Short Screenplay Challenge 2016?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 2:54pm
Thanks, Usual!  Good to see you back!

Group 46: Crime Caper/delivery service/barista
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 3:05pm

My mind is being totally fuqqued with!!!  I'm sitting here in SoCal ... only 3 hours ahead of the deadline instead of a day and a half ... so homesick that my entire screenplay reeks of Australia!  My mother watches FOX NEWS 24/7, which is fuqqing with my head ever more!  I'm keeping the countdown clock open to make sure I don't miss the deadline!  Woe is me!  All pity gratefully accepted...

Emmageek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 3:09pm
If you are in southern California, you should have seven almost eight hours.  But I can't wait to see what you have.  What are your parameters this time?  I have horror, tunnel, spare tire.
Emmageek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 3:12pm
I have Scrivener, MM, and Writer's Duet for my scripts.  I like Scrivener for outlining and the corkboard.  Helps me keep my eyes on the road but look at the various dirt paths along the way.
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 3:15pm

ROMANCE (again), CAR ACCIDENT, A FLASK ...

Emmageek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 3:25pm
Well, the romance would throw me but car accident and flask....hmmmm.  Can't wait to see how you swing it!!

I have horrible...I mean horror, one of the three worse themes for me...including romance and comedy lol.

Edited by Emmageek - 30 Oct 2016 at 3:26pm
rayr0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayr0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 4:07pm
I have Historical Fiction, A University Laboratory and A Mattress. (This REEKED of Frankenstein!!)

When I first opened the email my heart sank a little bit. My first time entering an NYCM competition and I HATE historical fiction, it has been such a challenge for me. One of my worst genres (alongside Fantasy).

I have just finished condensing my screenplay from 7 pages to 5. That was also tough! Does anyone know approx. when feedback is given?
Emmageek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 4:11pm
Usually right before the next round from the judges; however, other writers will also give you feedback if you post it approximately 72 hours from the end of the contest.  NYC Midnight will let you know when it has been accepted and then usually Scarlet or someone will start asking to read scripts.  But you need to wait until it is okay and they have received it before posting it out for writer feedback.

mercislovaine View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercislovaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 4:23pm
Back again for the second year! Excited to dig into the random challenge of it all again. Just finished up my script, but have one question:

Last year, they had us title our files with our group number included (ie. 17_TitleOfScript). Is this no longer the case? The site only says our file name should be the script title with no mention of anything else.

Anyone?

Don't want to get DQd on a simple misunderstanding.

Good luck to everyone!
GR17 R1: Salvage
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by mercislovaine mercislovaine wrote:

Back again for the second year! Excited to dig into the random challenge of it all again. Just finished up my script, but have one question:

Last year, they had us title our files with our group number included (ie. 17_TitleOfScript). Is this no longer the case? The site only says our file name should be the script title with no mention of anything else.

Anyone?

Don't want to get DQd on a simple misunderstanding.

Good luck to everyone!

They've started using Submittable, and longer require group numbers in titles. I submitted to the Screenplay and Flash Fiction challenges with no numbers. When you submit it should tell you this, as well. Good luck!
SSC 2017 R1 G75: Serious Only Need Apply - 1st Place
ShSC R1: Birthday Island - 1st Place
Screenwriting Challenge Finalist 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic