NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get and how do you feel about it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you get and how do you feel about it?
    Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:11pm
So, what did you get and how do you feel about it?

Lucky 13: Thriller, A water supply, a forest ranger.  I can work with that.  Tongue

Edited by patsy - 24 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm
Josh View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:16pm
Heat 16 - Comedy - Overstaying a welcome - A cake Decorator. 

Initial reaction was WTF am I going to do with this without being cliche or trite? 

Sleep generally helps figure things out though.
R1 H1 Gr56 Nightmare Hunter
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:17pm
Group 3

Fairy Tale (I like fairy tales and enjoy writing them... but last time the judges had completely opposite opinions of my fairy tale... mixed emotions)

A delivery (meh)

A migrant worker (hmmmmmm.....)

Hopefully an epiphany will come to me while I'm at work... for most of the round... and I'll be able to smash something out on my one day off right before the deadline...
taequeendo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taequeendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:18pm
Suspense, a funeral, and a tutor..... and frankly I'm terrified O_o especially with the time constraint
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:24pm
Horror / Door-to-door sales / Unemployed 40-year old man

I am super excited! I got Horror for Screenplay last year, and absolutely loved it!
FFC Challenge 1 The Exchange
r.arora View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.arora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:29pm
Fantasy, graduation, a postman.

I have written two fantasy pieces in my entire life. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I was so lucky last time I got a genre I was comfortable in. This one will be a bit of a stretch for me.

Good luck to us all!
KieraLesley View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KieraLesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Josh Josh wrote:

Heat 16 - Comedy - Overstaying a welcome - A cake Decorator. 

Initial reaction was WTF am I going to do with this without being cliche or trite? 

Sleep generally helps figure things out though.

Me, too! I'm brainstorming out some ideas and I'll have a look at what I can sift (< intentional. Getting in the vibe early!) out of it later tonight or tomorrow. 

Good luck!
GallifreyGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GallifreyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:43pm
Ugh, sci-fi.  Long-term parking and an electrician.

Sci-fi is soooooooo hard to do in flash. Build a whole world AND tell a story AND starve for words? Sci-fi is my jam, but there's a reason why books like the Wheel of Time, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Wayfarer Redemption series, etc, are all like 600 pages each.  Okay, those are all fantasy but it's late and my brain isn't fully functioning.

Plus Kyle's in my heat, so the best I can do now is second place lol
LyndaD View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyndaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:48pm

Heat 18
Horror (yeah!)
A live performance (okaayyy)
An assembly line worker (hmmmm...)

I think I can work with this.  Fortunately, my students are writing tomorrow as well, so I should be able to get some sort of a start on it.

Edited by LyndaD - 24 Mar 2017 at 12:22am
chuffwrites View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuffwrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
I got Heat 3, Fairy Tale, A Delivery, and a Migrant Worker, and I'm feeling ... pretty sure that I'm not advancing to the final round, lol. I have literally no ideas. None. The sweat has already sprung to my brow, let me tell you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic