NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Best Flash Fiction Prompts on the Web?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhardycarroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Best Flash Fiction Prompts on the Web?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:02pm
I am a big fan of flash fiction prompts as a regular ritual for staying fresh and keeping in practice. Some of my favorites are:

Friday Fictioneers
Sunday Photo Fiction
101 Words
Yeah Write
What Pegman Saw
The Daily Prompt

I know there are a lot of others. What do you like?
But it's the truth even if it didn't happen.
― Ken Kesey
Read my story of you like
willow625 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willow625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:35pm
I spend way too much time on Reddit, but I justify some of it by writing or reading on r/writingprompts. It's not officially 'flash fiction' per se, but the limit for one comment is 10,000 characters, so if you want your piece to fit in one post then you have to stay below that. 
I welcome critique on my 1st round FFC17 story titled Data Point
jftrent View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jftrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by willow625 willow625 wrote:

I spend way too much time on Reddit, but I justify some of it by writing or reading on r/writingprompts. It's not officially 'flash fiction' per se, but the limit for one comment is 10,000 characters, so if you want your piece to fit in one post then you have to stay below that. 

I've also participated a fair amount in r/writingprompts.  It's a good community, especially for newer writers or writers who are trying to build up a habit of writing regularly.  The prompts are all over the place, in terms of subject material, especially if you look beyond the prompts that make it to the front page of that subreddit.  If you're looking for constructive criticism, it isn't really the place for that.  If you're looking for light comments and feedback, you can get that there BUT the vast majority of stories odo not get read by many people.  Some writers find that frustrating.  
FFC 2017: Ch1, GR16, "The Means of Production"

Good luck to everyone in the contest!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic