NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timezones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeashley95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timezones
    Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 5:43am
Hello 

I'm about to be a first time entrant in the screenplay challenge and just had a quick question about timezones. 

Presumably, since this is an American contest the submission and challenge release times are on one of the American timezones and us alternative locationers just set our alarms? 

Thanks Smile
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:08am
It is run on the New York time zone - I like that because I my prompts on Sat morning about 11 instead of midnight Fri.  But all that aside you will find a count down clock on the site where can see the others in your group.
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 4:10pm
Precisely, thanks Suave!  Make sure to check what time zone you are in and how many hours off from New York (EDT or EST) so that you know when to expect your assignment.  Good luck!
Next up is the Flash Fiction Challenge 2017 kicking off July 14th.
bebeashley95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeashley95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 5:49pm
Fantastic - Thank you!
Tonatale View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tonatale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:18am
My apologies if this was asked elsewhere but I did not see it and it seemed pertinent to ask on the timezone thread.

The contract shows Challenge 3 and 4 as below:

2nd round - Challenge #3: 11:59PM EDT on November 4, 2016 11:59PM EDT on November 6, 2016. 
3 rd round - Challenge #4 : 11:59PM EDT on December 9, 2016 11:59PM EDT on December 11, 2016. 

However, Daylight Savings Time ends the morning of November 6. So is the ending time for Challenge 3 really 11:59 EST, meaning it's actually a 49 hour challenge or is it run off a 48 hour timer, meaning it does end at 11:59 EDT, even though our clocks will be showing 10:59 for us in the Eastern Time Zone?

Likewise, is Challenge 4 really meant to be EST?
FFC2017 CH1 No More Laughter (9pt)
FFC2017 CH2 Spicing Things Up
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:31am
There will be a timing clock on your groups page.  No need to worry as soon as the contest starts you can see how many hours there are to go and mark your clock.  Course with the way things sometimes go around here you might want to keep checking the page to make sure they don't decided to change things.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic