NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"This is for all you new people..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by PRamm PRamm wrote:

I'm still struggling to get the URL to activate in my signature. Is there any more of an explanation that could be added. My issue is that the link isn't activating, no matter what configuration I put the [] "" URL= parameters in. 

This  should work
[URL=http://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic15149_post180867.html#180867]R1 Gp1 Sci-Fi 'Tequila Shot"[/URL]

No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

PRamm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

I'm still struggling to get the URL to activate in my signature. Is there any more of an explanation that could be added. My issue is that the link isn't activating, no matter what configuration I put the [] "" URL= parameters in. 

paste this smaller link in the link spot instead of the entire one - http://bit.ly/2trWVjZ ;

I think it was maybe not having the smaller bit.ly link for it - the signature section is limited on spacing I think, and messes it up if you don't use the shortened version. 

Haha, still having issues. Such is life. 
PRamm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by maiaco maiaco wrote:

This  should work
http://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic15149_post180867.html#180867">R1 Gp1 Sci-Fi 'Tequila Shot"

Thanks, perfect!
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 12:48am
Thanks maiaco - busy day and i didn't get out to CWC til now .

@Joni - the signature is limited -but not *that limited,  It's over 100 characters - maybe over 200 (i just dont recall at the moment - anyone?).  With shortened urls I have been able to get four rounds of stories in my sig.  The ugly part is, it doesn't tell you when you have exceeded - it just refuses to save :(
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:37pm
bumping as it's been buried...
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:41pm
:)  It's also linked at the top of the Master List - at the end of the red text
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:57pm
True -- but that assumes people have already found the master list... Smile
FFC 2018

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:00pm
lolyep - which is why i come back and bump it during round one too lol  
Michaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 8:03pm
Well, I don't think I am ready for this level education! Tried to jump on board at the last minute because it looked so fun. But... I am on an extended RV vacation with less than stellar tech options. I received feedback that my link is not working. Yesterday after I did what I could, I checked and it seemed all functional (I celebrated a bit because it is all new to me). Today I went back to try to fix the link and then the whole body of my post changed to show all the 'coding language'?. 

Now I am stuck. If there is anyone who might want to talk me through at least fixing it or even removing it, I would be thrilled!

Pacific standard time here. My time online will be hit and miss over the next two days! 
Thank you!

Michaela
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 8:51pm
You've put the link to the "edit post" in your signature rather than to the post itself, which could be causing some of your difficulties.
FFC 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>