NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They never received my Challenge 1! Now what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annelindleyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They never received my Challenge 1! Now what?
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:24am
I never got any feedback on my FFC Challenge 1 story. When I emailed to ask about that, it turns out I messed up the submission and they never received my first story. No record of my submission at all.

I haven't been able to figure out from the rules, does that mean I am actually disqualified and no longer in the contest at all? Or does that just mean that I have zero points for Challenge 1 and I can go ahead with Challenge 2 anyway?

Edited by annelindleyk - 17 Sep 2017 at 10:26am
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:29am
I say submit!!
#amrevising
annelindleyk View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annelindleyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:36am
I got an official reply from the Feedback email -- yes, it is okay for me to submit in Challenge 2 even though they never got my submission for Challenge 1.

I'm starting out with zero points, but there's a slight chance i could move forward if my second story does exceptionally well.

Polishing up my final draft now. :-)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 8:31am
Yes, I see you found that you can still submit, I knew that.  I am curious though, when you submitted your first story did you not email it also as backup?  We are supposed to email it as well to avoid these situations.
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:30pm
Yeah, that's terrible that your submission didn't go through. But I'm glad you submitted something for Round 2. People *have* advanced to the next challenge even after not getting a score in the first round, so there's nothing to keep you back.

Best of luck! 
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Balabean View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:44am
It seems they didn't get my second submission.😢 I wonder if an 11 total has ever been enough to advance?
mhelgens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhelgens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 1:18pm
Ahh just now realizing I forgot to send a back-up email this time. I did submit via submittable on time and I have proof of that on my account, so hopefully the back-up email I decided to just send right now is sufficient..... I'm slightly freaking out.
Read my R1 Story: LINK= https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic51959_post550543.html#550543
MattrickBT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:28pm
I assume so long as you get the confirmation e-mail you're good? I didn't even know there was a back-up submission thing going on.
Schrifty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Balabean Balabean wrote:

It seems they didn't get my second submission.😢 I wonder if an 11 total has ever been enough to advance?

What makes you say that?  We don't usually get "hey, we got your story!" confirmations until about 3 days after (although there usually is an auto-response of "hey we got something, don't know what it is yet but thanks!" email that sends right away.)

Email the judges/contest runners.  It's early yet, they might have emergency procedures in place.
Schrifty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

I assume so long as you get the confirmation e-mail you're good? I didn't even know there was a back-up submission thing going on.

Usually after you submit a little "thanks!" page pops up with a reminder to email a backup copy just in case.  I've never heard of them needing it but with so many contestants who knows?  Possibly it's a back up to also confirm in case hundreds of us try to upload within the same 5 minute window and crash their server.  (It's been known to happen.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>