NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soon, people, soon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:37pm
Dagnabbit... Next time fosho!
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:16pm
Ok, NOW the nerves are starting to kick in.

I'm trying to be really balanced in my expectations because I don't want to be disappointed. I keep telling myself "just be happy you made it to round 2."

But damn, the waiting!
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

I'm trying to be really balanced in my expectations because I don't want to be disappointed. I keep telling myself "just be happy you made it to round 2."

But damn, the waiting!

This. This times 10.

As a first-time NYCM, and a first-time screenplay writer, I'm thrilled I made it to R2. I like my Screenplay for R2, and regardless, I'm happy about the "feels" that this thing has given me.

But the wait...
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Lynne Lynne wrote:

Rooting for all of you to go through to the next round!!!

If someone could nudge me - I'd like to update the results - and the new assignments when they come out.

silent.waters1@gmail.com

Thanks and this round is on me - drinks on the house!
Lynne

I'll take a ginger kombucha with a squeeze of lemon, please. 
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:45pm
I am not a person who waits well... Three more hours of waiting and I've run out of things to divert my attention away from this madness. Angry
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
Well. If you're also participating in Flash Fiction, do as I do and read stuff over there. I don't see a point in me trying to sleep, I know full well I won't.

So reading and commenting will be my game for the moment...

Hang in there!
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

But damn, the waiting!

Yeah, me too.

You'd think I'd be blasé. "You always lose in the second round. Don't even get your hopes up. You are fighting 'way above your weight."

Still...I COULDA BEEN A CONTENDA!
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Well. If you're also participating in Flash Fiction, do as I do and read stuff over there. I don't see a point in me trying to sleep, I know full well I won't.

Hang in there!

I'm having a hard time concentrating on reading! I also have a touch of headache, so I'm nervous. I get multiple-day headaches and was actually squeezing my head with one hand and typing with another while crying through a round once. Don't want to replay that one!

I'm sure the relief of knowing will flood something soothing through my bloodstream either way.

BEST OF LUCK, FELLOW PASSENGERS!
JuliKobayashi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Lynne Lynne wrote:

Rooting for all of you to go through to the next round!!!

If someone could nudge me - I'd like to update the results - and the new assignments when they come out.

silent.waters1@gmail.com

Thanks and this round is on me - drinks on the house!
Lynne

I also wanted to say thanks a million, Lynne, for putting in all of the work to organize things and for the wonderful energy, support and feedback. I wish I could buy you many drinks!

I didn't do FFC this time - props to everyone who did.

I'll be doing Fiction War for the first time this weekend, and so even if I don't get through I'll be writing no matter what. I'm definitely feeling anxious for the results tonight - the competition is stiff and so I know chances are slim.

Best of luck to everyone!!  

Juli
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Hang in there!

Me too! Most non-productive work day ever.

And it's getting us that much closer to midnight. 
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>