NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Share your Title & Synopsis!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 35>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MattrickBT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Alexis_H Alexis_H wrote:

Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

I'm actually being kept awake by my story. There are too many questions lingering that I don't have answers to and I'll never have answers to.

The only way to solve the problem is to finish writing it in full or tell the story to yourself.

That's the thing though, there will never be answers to these questions. The questions are far too big to be answered in a conventional story, and answering them would strip the power from the questions and their power is in their lack of answers.
jibwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jibwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

At 3AM, when I read the prompts I was doing a happy jig that I did not get a ghost story this round. The dog was a little freaked out... Can't wait to start reading everyone's stories!

Group 41: SciFi, A field of poppies, A pillow:

Eternal Afternoon
Some days are so perfect they seem designed to last forever.

Glad to see your streak is broken! Looking forward to this :)
jojoBee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojoBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by LaraH LaraH wrote:

Originally posted by jojoBee jojoBee wrote:

Group 65! Historical fiction/ the hull of a ship/ a suit case

Iyanuoluwa- Mercy of God

Synopsis: Iyanuoluwa is sold in a time where trading human life is common. Her source of strength is her Goddess, but She is not answering.

Not a real fan of historic fiction AT ALL but I think I was pleasantly surprised at what morphed out of this prompt

Ah a fellow heat mate! I'm wondering if you used the word 'suitcase'--- there is a bag used to carry one's possessions in mine but it is set before the word suitcase was used so I don't actually call it that--not sure what the judges take on that will be.

I used the word but I was wondering the same.. I'm not sure!
Saviarre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saviarre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by shanan187 shanan187 wrote:

Fourteen pages of posts and I didn't see one other Group 64... Where are my groupmates?! Ah well, I'm kind of used to being forever alone in the forums. LOL Here's mine:

Group 64 - Drama / A Cybercafe / A Snail

I have to admit, I laughed my ass off at the snail. But... I was super excited to get drama. And super thankful I didn't get crime caper. Again. And again. And again.

Slow Spiral

On the day of her disappearance, all they found of Janie was her favorite necklace. Five hundred twenty-eight days later, Karen’s life still revolves around a singular purpose -- finding her daughter.

Hey Group-Mate! I'm thoroughly intrigued by your story, and if you post it to the forums, I can't wait to read it! In comparison, mine sounds pretty boring, haha!

Group 64 - Drama / Cybercafe / A Snail

Zippy

A woman discovers proof of her husband's infidelities.

(Short, sweet, and to the point, right?)
LaissezFaire View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaissezFaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Hello, groupmate!

Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

Group 34
Historical Fiction
A University Library
A Microphone

Title: The Message

<span id="docs-internal-guid-1945354c-525d-76df-7b68-b34475b5d0b7"><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Courier New"; : transparent; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">Synopsis: On May 4, 1970, a four day battle of wills between war protesters and the National Guard, came to a bloody end on the campus of Kent State University. Sharon and her boyfriend try to continue their normal lives but get caught up in the violence. </span>

<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Courier New"; : transparent; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
</span>
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:49pm
I was in group 49-- Crime Caper/a hotel parking lot/a sleeping pill

Independent Contractors 

Synopsis:  When their heist goes differently than planned, a makeshift crew discovers the price of being freelance in an organized-crime world. 

tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by LaissezFaire LaissezFaire wrote:

Hello, groupmate!

Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

Group 34
Historical Fiction
A University Library
A Microphone

Title: The Message

<span id="docs-internal-guid-1945354c-525d-76df-7b68-b34475b5d0b7"><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Courier New"; : transparent; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">Synopsis: On May 4, 1970, a four day battle of wills between war protesters and the National Guard, came to a bloody end on the campus of Kent State University. Sharon and her boyfriend try to continue their normal lives but get caught up in the violence. </span>

<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Courier New"; : transparent; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
</span>

Cool, can't wait to read what you came up with.
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by kimpics66 kimpics66 wrote:

I'm a frightened newbie and I am still coming down off the most amazing writing adrenaline high. 

Group 34 / Historical Fiction / University library / Microphone

Camp Davis

The summer drought is broken by back-to-back hurricanes, but when flood waters begin to rise toward a deep-woods Pennsylvania retreat, young Lydia watches an unprecedented natural disaster unfold in her own front yard. 

Hoorah, another group 34. Welcome. I'm looking forward to reading your story.
stephmarie9990 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmarie9990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by vlad_the_impala vlad_the_impala wrote:

stephmarie9990 2 hours 57 minutes ago at 8:40pm Quote stephmarie9990 Quote Post R
First time entering!

Mine was group 80: Sci-Fi, a sporting goods store, dental braces

Fair Play

As Jen hurtles through space in the sporting goods store she works at, she fights diligently for her survival. But, is everything as it seems?

Hi groupmate!

Not many Group 80's on here yet. I like your synopsis. How did you find your first go at the first round?

Hi there!

Thanks, just saw yours as well and would love to check it out if you end up putting it on here.

I had a good time with it!  Getting Sci-Fi made me balk at the 1k word limit, but I did what I could.
jdarmody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdarmody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:02pm
I'm in group 70 and felt the same way! It wasn't the worst for me but it wasn't easy either. I felt like I rushed at the end because it was about 1,900 words and I had to cut it down as quickly as possible.

Here's mine:

The Enchanted Sword

A bird wishing to be different happens upon a sword with magical powers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 35>
  Share Topic