NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUND TWO TITLE & LOGLINES TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelus0186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:22am
Originally posted by ozwaldo1 ozwaldo1 wrote:

Kind of ran out of time on this one. Still finished, but I am not too optimistic on making it to the next round. Good luck to everyone.

Heat 6:
Suspense/Home Security/Youth Sports Coach

Logline: What if a Little League coach's lucky championship bat isn't that lucky after all?

Looking forward to reading the newest submissions.

I'm really intrigued by your logline, especially as we're in the same group Smile

Sounds like we went in different directions with it which is cool.
Screenwriting:

Challenge 4 (Final):
Sci Fi/Crater/Pepper Spray

The Journey Home:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByUVnwL8XUFvX2N5Vmc2WVJWbW8
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:24am
Heat 9
Romantic Comedy
A Negotiation
A Hitman

Cupid's Bullet

Be careful what you wish, hire and pay for.
FilmBuzzer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FilmBuzzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:54am
Heat 5 (Science Fiction/An invitation/A graffiti artist)
Spray
Logline: A reclusive teenager discovers extra-terrestrial messages hidden within street art.

Gotta say, despite the fact I only managed to find a day to properly write this one, I was happy with the concept. A lot more upbeat than I usually write too, which is always a pleasant change!
Previous entries: Automaton (R1), Spray (R2)
R3 FINAL
The Lost Memoir of Robert Forester
angelus0186 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelus0186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:57am
Originally posted by FilmBuzzer FilmBuzzer wrote:

Heat 5 (Science Fiction/An invitation/A graffiti artist)
Spray
Logline: A reclusive teenager discovers extra-terrestrial messages hidden within street art.

Gotta say, despite the fact I only managed to find a day to properly write this one, I was happy with the concept. A lot more upbeat than I usually write too, which is always a pleasant change!

I think this is my favourite logline yet. Really looking forward to reading it.
Screenwriting:

Challenge 4 (Final):
Sci Fi/Crater/Pepper Spray

The Journey Home:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByUVnwL8XUFvX2N5Vmc2WVJWbW8
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:00am
I'm in the Horror / Natural Disaster / New Parent heat; glad to see I'll have two groupmates to share with!

TO END ALL STORMS

A natural disaster overturns the world of two young parents. Now salvation and oblivion may be one and the same.

Edited by Tim G - 19 Jun 2017 at 5:01am
My R3 Screenplay: Beneath All Else
Adite View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:51am
Heat 2
Horror/ A natural disaster / A new mother

Sita's Revenge

A year after losing her twin in a tsunami, Tara visits the memorial site and uncovers the real horror of her sister's death.
rossinny View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:56am
I found this a tough (but enjoyable) assignment. Too little time, too many hangovers...

Heat 1

Drama / Searching for a biological parent / a professional athlete

ON THE LINE

On the eve of the biggest game of his life, a struggling tennis pro’s long search for his father’s identity is nearing a conclusion. Will he get the match he was hoping for?

Edited by rossinny - 19 Jun 2017 at 6:57am
Round 1 flash fictionAn Eye for an Eye
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:38am
Heat 4

Mystery / Setting a trap / A tutor

LOW

As soon-retired detective Jakub Lanik gets ready to head out on his last ride with his pupil Carl Cummins, he realizes that valuable lessons are both taught and learned. At any age.

---

Now. My plan for this one was to voluntarily go the way of the cliché-ish, but spin it my way so that it's original and takes the reader by surprise. I humbly think I layed a good egg, here. But as I read the loglines you've all shared, I fear the lack of upfront originality on my part. 

Well, I guess we'll see, won't we? 

Good luck everyone! Jeffrey, your logline is quite the teaser... Can't wait!
FFC C1a Hooked
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:40am
Originally posted by rossinny rossinny wrote:

I found this a tough (but enjoyable) assignment. Too little time, too many hangovers...

Heat 1

Drama / Searching for a biological parent / a professional athlete

ON THE LINE

On the eve of the biggest game of his life, a struggling tennis pro’s long search for his father’s identity is nearing a conclusion. Will he get the match he was hoping for?

Oooohhhh... I see what you did there... Wink
FFC C1a Hooked
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

... My plan for this one was to voluntarily go the way of the cliché-ish, but spin it my way so that it's original and takes the reader by surprise. I humbly think I layed a good egg, here. But as I read the loglines you've all shared, I fear the lack of upfront originality on my part. 

A lot of shorts I've seen at festivals follow the general pattern you describe. I think part of the reason is that one simply doesn't have a lot of time to do the world- or character-building deep originality usually requires. There are of course exceptions... which are, you know, exceptional. Wink 

So--not necessarily a problem. 

Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Good luck everyone! Jeffrey, your logline is quite the teaser... Can't wait!

And to you as well. I never like my own loglines--they always feel mechanical, probably because I have the bad habit of writing the story and THEN figuring out what it's about. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic