NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUND ONE TITLES AND LOGLINE TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 3:20am
R1 / Heat 37

Ghost Story / Sculptor / Bucket List

RENDERED

When a 3D sculptor's work inexplicably changes overnight, he is lured into following a bizarre trail of digital clues.

Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:39am
Group 25

Thriller / Confidential Information / a Window Washer

THROUGH THE PANE

When a window washer witnesses a professional murder, a battle of wits ensues on both sides of the glass.

(Apologies for sash a bad pun - it ended up a sort of comic thriller in the end)

Edited by Tim G - 30 Apr 2017 at 6:40am
My R3 Screenplay: Beneath All Else
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:42am
Particularly intrigued by the Jindrag one!

Edited by Tim G - 30 Apr 2017 at 6:42am
My R3 Screenplay: Beneath All Else
Moon Balloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon Balloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 7:40am
Heat 3
Comedy/A Loan/A Nurse

Connelly

Death won't stop this man from helping the person he loves, no matter how many times he has to die to do it.

Edited by Moon Balloon - 30 Apr 2017 at 7:42am
Annerocious View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annerocious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 8:00am
Heat 21 Historical Fiction/Mourning/Traitor

The Gentle Sex

On a female convict ship bound for Australia, a clever spy abandons her humanity to regain her freedom.

I did learn that when you're in a time crunch, you ought to pick a setting that you know something about!

Edited by Annerocious - 30 Apr 2017 at 8:01am
Round 1 Heat 21 The Gentle Sex

shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:34am
This was my first attempt at writing a screenplay. I knew the only way I'd actually buckle down and try it was by entering a contest. I'm thankful for my beta readers, and for Scrivener! LOL Mostly for my betas though, because they were awesome helpers.

Anyway... amazingly enough, I got neither Crime Caper nor Horror (which seem to be the only two genres NYCM likes to give me). This time, I was assigned Political Satire. The idea for the story hit me immediately. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to put fingers to keyboard until Thursday night! (It was a week of kid stuff... ice skating competition, band concerts, junior high prom, hockey tournament...) Still got it done in time! Yay me! I'll chalk that up to successful adulting ;)  And without further blah blah... here's my title and logline:

10: Political Satire/A fundraising event/A furniture mover

Two Percent 

When it comes to charity, the wealthy elite are ready and willing to give. But who is on the receiving end?

Edited by shanan187 - 30 Apr 2017 at 9:48am
FF: R1 G64: Slow Spiral
SSC:
R3: Take in the Sea
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Moon Balloon Moon Balloon wrote:

Heat 3
Comedy/A Loan/A Nurse

Connelly

Death won't stop this man from helping the person he loves, no matter how many times he has to die to do it.

This sounds fun!
SSC:
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

R1/G12 - FANTASY/A COUPON/AN EGOMANIAC

LOX HASHSLINGER

"I'm going to build a wall ... a great big wall ...
and then I'm going to sit on top of it!"

That picture is amazing. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
SSC:
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Hey heatmate!

Round 1 | Heat 12 - Fantasy/A coupon/An egomaniac
Prints Charming
Mandy is sick of being thrown to the curb my men. It's time for her to try a new kind of dating.

Go Group 12! 

I've decided to revisit my favourite place in the comps ... Fantasyland ... This will be my fourth story/screenplay set in this bent twisted fairy tale fantasy world ... I love it there!  I know I'll get a lot of flack ... it also has a very heavy dose of political satire, one of my favourite genres ... along with historical fiction ... but fuq'em, I say ...

Fantasy and Political Satire often go hand-in-hand. Same with Fairy Tale and Political Satire. TBH, I dreaded getting PS... and now that I've survived a round with the genre, I kind of love it. Can't wait to read both of yours! They're both intriguing Smile
SSC:
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:01am
R1 H20Crime Caper / Junk mail / A restaurant critic

Junkfood
After a night of drinking with his business partner Sam, Ben invites the most respected and feared food critic in town to review their bistro, via an ill-fated email. The next day, realizing his mistake, he has to make sure that email is never read. 

Yeah, so that's a loooooooooong logline. 

Edited by Zblugg - 30 Apr 2017 at 10:03am
FFC C1a Hooked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic