NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results Are In !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Originally posted by rossinny rossinny wrote:

Oh wow I got 15, I really wasn't expecting that. Spy was a fun genre to write though.

It's 5am here, just got woken by one of the kids...I'll never get back to sleep now! Congratulations to all.

Cheers
Ross

Awesome, Ross, congratulations! Loved your spy story - well deserved victory!  Clap

Thanks so much Lisa. I was lucky I got spy and not, say, political satire! I would really struggle with that and for what it's worth, I thought yours was great. Might just be a super strong group. So much of this is luck of the draw. Good luck in round 2!
Ch 2 Flash The Sign

Ch 1 Flash An Eye for an Eye (15pts)
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:21am

Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Oh wow I got 15, I really wasn't expecting that. Spy was a fun genre to write though.

It's 5am here, just got woken by one of the kids...I'll never get back to sleep now! Congratulations to all.

Cheers
Ross

As your former heatmate rrom Screenplay R1, I must congratulate you!

And don't worry. Sleep is overrated anyway...

Thanks mate. Just seen your score too - many congratulations! The nervous wait was worth it.

Hell, I still have doubts about that. I was MISERABLE. I guess the "first time" factor accounts for something... I had no expectations in Screenplay since I'd never written one before. Prose, however, is right up my alley. I put so much pressure on myself this time around (and quit smoking three days ago).
FFC C1 Hooked
FFC C2 Tied Down
chalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:29am
Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

Not mathematically eliminated, but the chances of advancing are in the single digits, I'd think. 

I mean, disqualified for not using the object enough or not strictly adhering to the genre enough. I got suspense.. I went with more of a psychological suspense... that didn't quite turn out.

I came very close to not turning in anything, but realized I had an extra hour to work, which I did with a Nanowrimo-like reckless abandon. My story was a dang mess. At this point, I'm not as concerned with advancing as I am with just turning in something I feel better about. 

Edited by chalk - 14 Sep 2017 at 12:31am
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

Not mathematically eliminated, but the chances of advancing are in the single digits, I'd think.

A few advanced last year with zeroes in the first round. And several with 15s in the first round didn't make it. So anything is possible.
DT&F Inc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT&F Inc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:37am
I'm ready for the weekend!

Edited by DT&F Inc. - 14 Sep 2017 at 12:41am
Sarah.ford12 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah.ford12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:41am
Thrilled with an 11, especially after reading the other stories in my group! Broke my thumb playing goalie for my 7 year old yesterday so that's gonna suck this weekend. Can't wait to see what ridiculous prompts I get this time. If it's another super depressing line up I'm gonna snap.
DT&F Inc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DT&F Inc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:43am
Lookit There, I'd love to read your story as a novel. Good luck this weekend!
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by DT&F Inc. DT&F Inc. wrote:

Lookit There, I'd love to read your story as a novel. Good luck this weekend!
Thanks! I'd like to expand it (but still keep it a short story). Good luck to you, too, fellow Oregonian!

Edited by Lookit There - 14 Sep 2017 at 12:46am
You can read Challenge 2 story here:Tocca Ferro
lindamuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lindamuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:48am
I got 13 for Group 24. I'm absolutely stoked. 
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:57am
Lisa, I read your story and truly enjoyed it (I didn't comment because I didn't think I had anything to say that hadn't been said already) so I too am surprised it didn't score better.  But to be honest, political satire is such a freaking landmine, anything is possible.  I know you'll blow the second round out of the water.  I, on the other hand, will now receive political satire as a genre.  You should be able to hear my cursing all the way in NJ. :)

Trey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic