NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

posting your screenplay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElliottTrulson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: posting your screenplay
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 4:06pm
I know it is explained in the FAQ, but how do I post my script? It says a URL is needed but the only link I have to my file is the file link itself as it appears when I open the PDF.
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:51pm
Hi Elliot,
In order to create a link to your screenplay so that others can read it, you will need to host the file somewhere on the internet.  For example, if you upload your file to Google Drive or Dropbox, they will provide you with a link to share your file.  Once you have that link, you can then share it in the forums and other will be able to view it.  Please let us know if you have issues or any other questions regarding sharing your screenplay.  Thanks and good luck!
Next up is the Flash Fiction Challenge 2017 kicking off July 14th.
JB&PEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB&PEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:45am
Hi,
I would like to post my screenplay but see no links, means, instructions on how to do it.
Maybe it's because I'm a Mac person on an iPad.

Does anyone have any comprehensive instructions, that are Mac/iPad friendly.
Would appreciate it. A grateful person from Sreenplay 2017, Heat 13 will thank you.
Tim Spencer
JB&PEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB&PEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:52pm
Hi,
I would like to post my screenplay but see no links, means, instructions on how to do it.
Maybe it's because I'm a Mac person on an iPad.

Does anyone have any comprehensive instructions, that are Mac/iPad friendly.
Would appreciate it. A grateful person from Screenplay 2017, Heat 13 will thank you.
Tim Spencer

P.S. Need Mac directions. PC Speak does not clarify for me. Sorry.
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:34pm
Tim, when you save your PDF, where do you save it to? The cloud? You need to save it as a link we can all see.

I found this:

http://www.macworld.com/article/3018384/data-center-cloud/how-to-collaborate-on-documents-using-iwork-and-icloud-com.html

Once you’ve saved a document on iCloud Drive, you can share it with a friend or colleague. In Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, choose Share > Share Link via iCloud, or click the Share button in the toolbar.

Note that you'll want to share it as a read-only version. And you'll want to get a link (a URL) that you can paste into the forum post.
SWC R1 H45 | Best of Breed
SSC R1 H46
SSC R2 H13
JB&PEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB&PEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 10:16pm
Stephen,

I saved the PDF from my writing program into e-mail, on my computer. I then moved it to Dropbox, but options seemed limited.

Thanks for the reply. I've gone into chat rooms and help pages. I'll try the link you gave me. Seems I have to learn another language other than Screenplay.

Thanks for the lead,
Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic