NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official non-official Tick-tock thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by De Chelonian Mobile De Chelonian Mobile wrote:

I've been dealing with power outages, mandatory curfews and lots of wind and rain from Irma (here in central Georgia). It's nothing compared to what some have endured with this storm and with Harvey, and I'm thankful. I haven't had much time to feel anxious, but now that things have settled down here, I'm feeling the butterflies. Good luck everyone! I can't wait to start reading stories again next week!

Yikes, Jon, I didn't know you were located in the thick of Irma. I'm sorry. Hope all is well with you and yours and that the scores will give you a good (and happy!) distraction from your current reality. (And yes, I look forward to the reading frenzy next week as well).
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:36pm
Just stocked up on brews. Actually took the day off tomorrow (I also very much need the rest). So I'm more than ready.

Jon, sorry to read this. I know a few people down in Florida, and they've been hit pretty hard. Not like St. Maarten, but still. This was, almost literally, a sh*tstorm. A sh*tty storm at the very least.

Best of luck and butterflies, all!

Edited by Zblugg - 13 Sep 2017 at 5:36pm
FFC C1 Hooked
FFC C2 Tied Down
ShroudedWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShroudedWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:54pm
Oy. I'm in the middle of cleaning/fixing/painting the duplex we're buying and the tenant left a mess. They had 4 cats and chain smoked. And they never, freakin', cleaned up. Ever. In 4 years. And the cats all had diarrhea. Explosively. This weekend I'm going to start the priming of the walls and I'll be writing with no energy. Negative energy even. You can call me Negasonic Mid-Thirties Something Bedhead. 
CH1:G58"Unexpected Repairs" Suspense

2016 FFC Rd 2 Honorable Mention
Shadies01 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadies01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ShroudedWolf ShroudedWolf wrote:

Oy. I'm in the middle of cleaning/fixing/painting the duplex we're buying and the tenant left a mess. They had 4 cats and chain smoked. And they never, freakin', cleaned up. Ever. In 4 years. And the cats all had diarrhea. Explosively. This weekend I'm going to start the priming of the walls and I'll be writing with no energy. Negative energy even. You can call me Negasonic Mid-Thirties Something Bedhead. 

Have you tried renting an ozone machine to get the smells out? I hear they work wonders, especially on smoke.

ShroudedWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShroudedWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Shadies01 Shadies01 wrote:

Have you tried renting an ozone machine to get the smells out? I hear they work wonders, especially on smoke.

Yeah, borrowing one from a friend. The carpet is a problem. Don't have the time or money to replace it atm. Need to pull back a corner, though; if there's hardwood then I might be lucky.
CH1:G58"Unexpected Repairs" Suspense

2016 FFC Rd 2 Honorable Mention
Shadies01 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shadies01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by Shadies01 Shadies01 wrote:

Yeah, borrowing one from a friend. The carpet is a problem. Don't have the time or money to replace it atm. Need to pull back a corner, though; if there's hardwood then I might be lucky.

Oh great! I've got my fingers crossed for you to find hardwood under the carpet! :)

LaurieTom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurieTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:21pm
Me too. I am like. I don't know and then I check my email again for the 50th time today. LOL
Émile View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Émile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:38pm
So I guess I'm going to bed now so I can be up at 6 in the morning (= midnight in NY) and check the results. Hope I can sleep a bit.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:58pm
Plan here is beer and vidja games. Then freak out. Then more beer, regardless.
FFC C1 Hooked
FFC C2 Tied Down
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:13pm
I'm glad I live on the west coast, so the results will be 8:59 (assuming they're on time), early enough I can freak the eff out and/or have a drink (depending on the results) and still get to bed at a decent hour. Tomorrow's first day back to work after a one-week vacation, already fallen out of the habit of getting up at 5:15 AM. 
Good luck everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic