NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official non-official Tick-tock thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

I WANNA.

BUT.

The thing is, I got a 24h video games marathon that very same weekend (Nov. 4th, 8 am til Nov. 5, 8 am). You can probably guess how much brain juice this can take from little oldish me.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely wanting to. Betting my future on entry number 2 could be a good way to go at it... LOL

And just so we're clear, I'm doing this marathon thing for charity. Absolutely NO FUN will be had. It's called Extra Life, and all moneys collected go to local Children's Hospitals...

That is AWESOME that you are doing that for charity. But short screenplay IS like Flash where it's not sudden death. So there are two rounds. And maybe your weekend activities will inspire you. :)

I'm definitely giving this a shot. It's the only NYCM contest I haven't done yet. 

Hell, maybe I'll even be able to write it AT my marathon. We call it a video games marathon because that's mostly what we do, but I could very well label it a "games" (at large) marathon. Board Games are cool, even fricking frisbee is cool. So long as you PLAY.

And NYCM comps are definitely some sort of game, for me.

Food for thoughts...
FFC C1 Hooked
FFC C2 Tied Down
Shadies01 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadies01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

I WANNA.

BUT.

The thing is, I got a 24h video games marathon that very same weekend (Nov. 4th, 8 am til Nov. 5, 8 am). You can probably guess how much brain juice this can take from little oldish me.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely wanting to. Betting my future on entry number 2 could be a good way to go at it... LOL

And just so we're clear, I'm doing this marathon thing for charity. Absolutely NO FUN will be had. It's called Extra Life, and all moneys collected go to local Children's Hospitals...

That is AWESOME that you are doing that for charity. But short screenplay IS like Flash where it's not sudden death. So there are two rounds. And maybe your weekend activities will inspire you. :)

I'm definitely giving this a shot. It's the only NYCM contest I haven't done yet. 

Hell, maybe I'll even be able to write it AT my marathon. We call it a video games marathon because that's mostly what we do, but I could very well label it a "games" (at large) marathon. Board Games are cool, even fricking frisbee is cool. So long as you PLAY.

And NYCM comps are definitely some sort of game, for me.

Food for thoughts...

Well, you can get points for playing, you are competing against other people, and you can win...sounds like a game to me! :)

Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:46pm
Thanks Lisa and Zblugg!! 

One more day!! And five hours + fifteen minutes. 

DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead
Lisa Wood View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:09pm
I'm such a newb. How do they post the results? Or where? Do they email them? Do they post them on a message board? Do we all get to see each other's scores? I've read the rules a dozen times it seems like and I can't find that information anywhere. I'm so stressed and afraid they will post them and since I don't know where to look, I won't know what my score was. Also, what about the feedback? I've been too embarrassed to post these questions, but hopefully there's at least one other newb who will appreciate the anaswers too.
Read my 1st Round story titled Sinner Snatchers LLC
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Lisa Wood Lisa Wood wrote:

I'm such a newb. How do they post the results? Or where? Do they email them? Do they post them on a message board? Do we all get to see each other's scores? I've read the rules a dozen times it seems like and I can't find that information anywhere. I'm so stressed and afraid they will post them and since I don't know where to look, I won't know what my score was. Also, what about the feedback? I've been too embarrassed to post these questions, but hopefully there's at least one other newb who will appreciate the anaswers too.

Well for the Screenplay Challenge results were posted on the website first, then you got your feedback via email afterwards. I'm guessing this is also the way to go with this one...
FFC C1 Hooked
FFC C2 Tied Down
Lisa Wood View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:17pm
Thank you!
Read my 1st Round story titled Sinner Snatchers LLC
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
Yeah, and they'll send you an email with a link as soon as the results are in! :-)
MattrickBT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 3:03am

Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

I'll just go see IT again.

"Beep beep, Ritchie!"

What did you think of the movie?

I thought the film was fantastic. A very faithful adaptation to the novel. Muschietti takes the delicate balancing act of a film blended equally with horror and a down-to-earth coming of age story and makes it look easy. If I have one complain of the film, is that this 140 minute film was too short and could have used another 20 minutes to really flesh it out, if only because the source material is so huge. I am hoping since the film is such a resounding success that Warner Brothers will give Chapter Two some extra time since they'll be less worried about a longer runtime affecting box office.

It was truly a great film that finally gives us something besides that awful TV miniseries from 1990.
number13 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:24am
I'm terrible at working out timezone stuff. Can anyone tell me when the results are due in UK time please? *flutters eyelashes*
lgeverdell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:46am
We're 5 hours ahead here in the UK. So, if I remember right, it's 11.59am eastern standard? Which makes 4.59am here :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic