NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Notice of reciept of entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crlncxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Notice of reciept of entry
    Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 6:40am
Hi there,

Just building up for another panic-filled few hours, because I'm completely paranoid that my competition entry may not arrive even though I send it in plenty of time. (Yes this IS the same person who annoyed you in the Screenplay Competition in the heats AND in the final with the same obsession!)

Would it not be possible for you to acknowledge receipt when entries arrive, rather than after the deadline, when it would be too late to re-send if there'd been some sort of problem in the ether?

Thanks

Angst-ridden from England
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 7:32am
We will do our best to get confirmation e-mails out as soon as possible this year, but there is no guarantee that you will get a confirmation before the deadline.  Most of the submissions usually come 1-2 hours before the deadline, and it's difficult to sort through that many submissions right away.  We have not had problems with our e-mail in the past 4 years of running these events, so you should feel safe that we will get your submission the way you send it.  Hope this helps.  Thanks and good luck!
GeneD View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 1:11pm
Gosh, I sent an email asking this same question. I should obviously have just come here instead...
http://www.nycmidnight.com/forums/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=802
Chris22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 4:46am
I suppose if on the off chance you don't get a submission there's nothing to be done after the deadline?
wieceka1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wieceka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 9:07am
Has everyone received the confirmation e-mails yet? I sent my entry in on Saturday afternoon, and haven't heard anything back yet. Just curious. 
ajracer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 2:41pm
I'm just wondering, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet, should I be getting worried yet?
paulmmm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 2:49pm
I just got mine. I had added their address to my address book as they suggested, but it still got sent to my Yahoo Spam folder. So if you haven't already, you might want to check there. Good luck, everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic