NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW MOVIE HERE IT IS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Tonatale Tonatale wrote:

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

You could just yell and curse at your computer like a crazy person like some of us.

That was awesome!

I did mine in a back room at work. I kept opening the door and looking around to make sure nobody was coming before I did each clip.

lol OK now that is even funnier....
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:16pm

I did mine in a back room at work. I kept opening the door and looking around to make sure nobody was coming before I did each clip.

.............and then just said f*ck it and carried on.

I'm am planning on stealing that line all the way through this weekend :)
R2 Gp54: The Memory Box

no baby acorns have died in the writing of this story

Schrifty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:46pm
Hahaha I love it.  Everyone did such a good job!  Although the tractors driving through the background probably had me laughing the hardest.

I think I was definitely channeling Nixie with the stats.  (And yeah, when I originally signed up for FFC two years ago I totally rationalized it by saying "well actually, I don't have to outright 1,000 contestants, just like, 40...)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Schrifty Schrifty wrote:

Hahaha I love it.  Everyone did such a good job!  Although the tractors driving through the background probably had me laughing the hardest.

I think I was definitely channeling Nixie with the stats.  (And yeah, when I originally signed up for FFC two years ago I totally rationalized it by saying "well actually, I don't have to outright 1,000 contestants, just like, 40...)

rofl i can so picture that, Schrifty
ShadowBeast View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowBeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Schrifty Schrifty wrote:

Did you have the spreadsheet going on there? LOL
R1A tightly packed parcel of contents that leave you wanting--which a publisher told me made her editing day. Suck it judges!
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowBeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Originally posted by ShadowBeast ShadowBeast wrote:

Bwhahahaha! That was hilarious! Loved all the 'characters' in this mockumentary. This was an awesome idea. I can't even say what my favorite was-- the bits were all fantastic. The overconfident, the underconfident, the vacationer, the $^@% it, the psycho, the sword enthusiast, the arms full mommy ... all of it had be laughing! Me and my little shadowbeasties had a blast doing our part--yes, those are my dogs and that is all my stuff. Granted, the stuff was concentrated into one corner of my room. I love my dogs, but I'm not that crazy ... ummm ... well ... I do include creatures in my stories ... oooohhhh craaaaaap ... DANG IT! Confused

<sniffle>  I am deeply wounded to have been left out of your character list. It's like you didn't even *see me there. <snort>
Cry

Y'know, you are kinda That Crazy Dog Lady. Is that supposed to be some kind of problem....? Cuz really, it's kinda the thing I *like* about you.... ;)

OMG, did I leave you out of the "subjects of the study" list???!!!  I'm so sorry!!!  We can take it down, I can fix it, you can compress it again...naw, I don't think so!  

Beastie was typin' swiftly because the SO was getting impatient to get dinner started. :D My list wasn't complete, but yes, I did love the "PROCRASTINATOR" bits. Nice Netflix. ;) <snicker> Yeah, I think I can own the Crazy Dog Lady tag. My crew is a pretty part of my life and part of the inspiration behind my unusual style. So I owe the little furballs a good headscritch. They seriously acted better in those shots than I did! :D Especially Presto in the one with the "Where's your dog?" It's like he was looking for one. :D BTW, loved your dogs romping in the woods!
R1A tightly packed parcel of contents that leave you wanting--which a publisher told me made her editing day. Suck it judges!
Tonatale View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonatale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:11pm
By the way, did you finish that spreadsheet?

Can you send me a copy?
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:12pm

Beastie was typin' swiftly because the SO was getting impatient to get dinner started. :D My list wasn't complete, but yes, I did love the "PROCRASTINATOR" bits. Nice Netflix. ;) <snicker> Yeah, I think I can own the Crazy Dog Lady tag. My crew is a pretty part of my life and part of the inspiration behind my unusual style. So I owe the little furballs a good headscritch. They seriously acted better in those shots than I did! :D Especially Presto in the one with the "Where's your dog?" It's like he was looking for one. :D BTW, loved your dogs romping in the woods!

They were perfect - i assumed it was all set up. :)  And, y'know, overall - I'll take pretty much *anyone's dogs over most peoples' human friends ;) lol  (so sayeth the lady with the sign over the back door - the one with the dog door in it - that reads "the more people I know, the better i like my dogs" ;) )

We go for a daily 'frolic in the woods' - it's not far from our house - and it is their favorite part of the day :) y'all should come a-frolic with us - you would *so turn that landscape into story setting... 
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowBeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

They were perfect - i assumed it was all set up. :)  And, y'know, overall - I'll take pretty much *anyone's dogs over most peoples' human friends ;) lol  (so sayeth the lady with the sign over the back door - the one with the dog door in it - that reads "the more people I know, the better i like my dogs" ;) )

We go for a daily 'frolic in the woods' - it's not far from our house - and it is their favorite part of the day :) y'all should come a-frolic with us - you would *so turn that landscape into story setting... 

LOL! And my dogs would soooo be herding the wild life! :D Now that could be fun to watch. Three border collies herding squirrels and chipmunks in circles.

So far as 'set up', actually the only scene we manipulated them in was in the "killer" bit when Presto and Phoenix's heads popped up, Ash was chilling on the couch behind me, you can just see his eyes looking bored. Otherwise, we just put the dogs in place and let them do their thing.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:21pm
Would be fun to see a cast list matching the usernames to the people in the video!
FFC Challenge 2 Mom Knows Best
FFC Challenge 1 The Exchange [6 points]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic