NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Posted Your FFC Story?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 12:58am
As of this moment: 469 stories posted (including 4 that were identified by title/synopsis but have not yet been posted)

*Every* Group has at least one story posted!!

Only 1 (1%) have a single story.  (Group 18, where are you?!?! I mean, seriously – do we hafta skim the roster, search the forum for your names, and PM you all? 😉)

Only 3 (4%) have two stories, which means 4 (5%) have 'fewer than three' stories

• We like to have three - a chance to see at least two other takes on the prompts
  • If you are in Groups 42, 44, or 66, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

Three stories is kinda the 'ideal minimum' but the 'ideal' is 'at least 5' - a chance to really get a feel for the range of things happening in the group.  

10 (13%) have three stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 10, 27, 29, 32, 35, 46, 61, 62, 63, 68, or 74 your groupmates could still use some company!

14 (18%) have four stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 2, 4, 8, 17, 20, 23, 26, 35, 53, 57, 59, 70, 72, or 75 – just one more story will get your group to five stories.

BTW - that also means that 52 (65%) of our groups have five or more stories posted!!  

With 20% more contestants than last year, we have 15% more stories posted than were posted for challenge 1 last year.

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 12:19am
As of today: 479 stories posted (including 4 that were identified by title/synopsis but have not yet been posted)

Only 1 (1%) have a single story.  (Group 18, where are you?!?! I mean, seriously – do we hafta skim the roster, search the forum for your names, and PM you all? 😉)

Only 2 (3%) have two stories, which means 3 (4%) have 'fewer than three' stories

• We like to have three - a chance to see at least two other takes on the prompts
  • If you are in Groups 42 or 44 come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

Three stories is kinda the 'ideal minimum' but the 'ideal' is 'at least 5' - a chance to really get a feel for the range of things happening in the group.  

11 (14%) have three stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 10, 27, 32, 43, 46, 62, 63, 66, 68, 74, or 76 your groupmates could still use some company!

14 (18%) have four stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 2, 4, 5, 8, 17, 20, 23, 26, 53, 57, 59, 61, 70, or 72 – just one more story will get your group to five stories.

BTW - that also means that 52 (65%) of our groups have five or more stories posted!!  

With 20% more contestants than last year, we have 18% more stories posted than were posted for challenge 1 last year.

Reez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
Nixie, I have to say that you are, quite simply, the best!

I hope to post sometime next week when I eventually get broadband in my new house. My computer has retreated to a corner of isolation and has quite given up waiting.

My phone instead has been sneering condescendingly at my computer, driven by its ability to burn copious amounts of 4G.

I wait in anticipation of joining the conversation on the forum and connecting with the world beyond the wheat fields again....
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 9:18pm
Reez!!!  There you are!!!!!  Tell the broadband people to hurry up - we miss you!
Krysta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krysta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm
This is awesome! Thank you for the updates... it inspired me to get my butt in gear and actually post mine! 

I am loving reading everyone's so much. I am in awe of the creativity and talent. Wow.
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Krysta Krysta wrote:

This is awesome! Thank you for the updates... it inspired me to get my butt in gear and actually post mine! 

I am loving reading everyone's so much. I am in awe of the creativity and talent. Wow.

Woohoo!!!!  Now if only it can have that effect on some group 18 folks ... ;)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 4:41pm
As of today: 491 stories posted (including 4 that were identified by title/synopsis but have not yet been posted)

Only 1 (1%) have a single story.  (Group 18, where are you?!?! I mean, seriously – do we hafta skim the roster, search the forum for your names, and PM you all? 😉)

Only 2 (3%) have two stories, which means 3 (4%) have 'fewer than three' stories

• If you are in Groups 42 or 44 come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

9 (11%) have three stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 10, 27, 32, 43, 46, 62, 66, 68, or 76 your groupmates could still use some company!

17 (21%) have four stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 2, 4, 5, 8, 17, 20, 23, 26, 53, 57, 59, 61, 63, 70, 72, 74, or 75 – just one more story will get your group to five stories.

BTW - that also means that 51 (64%) of our groups have five or more stories posted!!  

And.. we finally tipped the scale: with 20% more contestants than last year, we have 21% more stories posted than were posted for challenge 1 last year. 

Reez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:35pm
Aw, thanks Nixie!!!

They came and went Nixie and still no wifi!

The fibre cables were discontinued 5 houses down, 😢sob! So now, each day I wait for the technician in shining armour to turn up, casually dragging fibre cables to my door...

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Reez Reez wrote:

Aw, thanks Nixie!!!

They came and went Nixie and still no wifi!

The fibre cables were discontinued 5 houses down, 😢sob! So now, each day I wait for the technician in shining armour to turn up, casually dragging fibre cables to my door...

Being from Seattle, I am unable to imagine living where there is no Starbuck's to offer you wifi.. <sniffle>  You poor heathen soul...
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 4:03pm
496....   c'mon guys... 4 more stories....  how about it, Group 18?  four more would bring you to... 5.... and us to 500....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>