NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Posted Your FFC Story?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanwijk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Joenut22 Joenut22 wrote:

I'm proud of my group at the moment. 55 has 12 posted!

Go group 55! :D

Although having so many to read has made me worried about the competition part of this experience since everyone's stories seem so good. :P 

Edited by vanwijk88 - 22 Jul 2017 at 2:38am
FFC 2020 R2: 250 Beats per Minute (Thriller)

"I intend to live forever or die trying."
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 10:56am
As of this moment: 397 Stories

(this number includes 21 people who posted a title/synopsis but have not yet linked their story)

*Every* Group has at least one story posted!!

Only 2 (3%) have a single story.  

• If you're in Group 18 or 29 come post your story and give your lonesome group-mate a chance to read someone else's take on the prompts!

Only 7 (9%) have two stories, which means 9 (11% - 1 in 10!) have 'fewer than three' stories

• We like to have three - a chance to see at least two other takes on the prompts
  • If you are in Groups 10, 42, 43, 44, 62, 66, or 75, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!
jhardycarroll View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhardycarroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 12:27pm
I just found out about this. I always enjoy feedback, unless it's negative. Then I am in danger of throwing my laptop off a high building. Regardless of the outcome, I will continue to read to my dog from my notebook.
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm
As of this moment: 425 stories posted (including 5 that were identified by title/synopsis but have not yet been posted)

• If you're in Group 18 or 29, come post your story and give your lonesome group-mate a chance to read someone else's take on the prompts!

Only 3 (4%) have two stories, which means 5 (6%) have 'fewer than three' stories

• We like to have three - a chance to see at least two other takes on the prompts
  • If you are in Groups 42, 44, or 66, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

Three stories is kinda the 'ideal minimum' but the 'ideal' is 'at least 5' - a chance to really get a feel for the range of things happening in the group.  

31 groups (39%) have 3 or 4 stories - lots of opportunities to tip the scales there too!

• 14 (18%) have four stories. If you’re in Groups 4, 5, 20, 22, 26, 28, 37, 52, 57, 59, 70, 71, or 72 – just one more story will get your group to five stories.
  • 17 (21%) have three stories. If you’re in Groups 2, 8, 10, 17, 27, 32, 35, 43, 46, 56, 61, 62, 63, 68, 74, 75, or 76, your groupmates could still use some company!

BTW - that also means that 55% of our groups have five or more stories posted!!  We have more stories posted right now than were posted in the entire first challenge of last year’s FFC.

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:47pm
As of this moment: 448 stories posted (including 5 that were identified by title/synopsis but have not yet been posted)

• If you're in Group 18 or 29, come post your story and give your lonesome group-mate a chance to read someone else's take on the prompts!

Only 3 (4%) have two stories, which means 5 (6%) have 'fewer than three' stories

• If you are in Groups 42, 44, or 66, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

Three stories is kinda the 'ideal minimum' but the 'ideal' is 'at least 5' - a chance to really get a feel for the range of things happening in the group.  

14 (18%) have three stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 2, 10, 17, 27, 32, 35, 43, 46, 61, 62, 63, 68, 74, or 76, your groupmates could still use some company!
13 (16%) have four stories. 
  • If you’re in Groups 4, 5, 8, 20, 23, 26, 52, 53, 57, 59, 71, 72, or 75 – just one more story will get your group to five stories.
BTW - that also means that 48 (60%) of our groups have five or more stories posted!!  

With 20% more contestants than last year, we have 10% more stories posted than were posted for challenge 1 last year.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:34am
Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but when you post your stories to the forums (not on the Master List, but on the boards themselves, in an individual thread for people's comments), make sur to include your title and genre in the thread's subject line. 

When something only says Ch1 Gr99 (for example), I simply skip over. Humans are faulty, lazy and picky. I am very human. It just doesn't catch the eye, or the imagination (unless a string of letters and numbers turns you on, in which case I am TOTALLY judging you LOL).

Cheers, folks! Give us info on what's behind those numbers!

Z.
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but when you post your stories to the forums (not on the Master List, but on the boards themselves, in an individual thread for people's comments), make sur to include your title and genre in the thread's subject line. 

When something only says Ch1 Gr99 (for example), I simply skip over. Humans are faulty, lazy and picky. I am very human. It just doesn't catch the eye, or the imagination (unless a string of letters and numbers turns you on, in which case I am TOTALLY judging you LOL).

Cheers, folks! Give us info on what's behind those numbers!

Z.

That has always been hit or miss - there are always so many new folks, and folks who have trouble just getting comfortable in the forum software.  These days, I don't know many folks who skim the forum itself - most seem to use the ML as a sort of ToC... :)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 11:38pm
As of this moment: 457 stories posted (including 4 that were identified by title/synopsis but have not yet been posted)

Only 1 (1%) have a single story.  (Group 18, where are you?!?!)

14 (18%) have three stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 2, 10, 27, 29, 32, 35, 43, 46, 61, 62, 63, 68, 74, or 76, your groupmates could still use some company!

14 (18%) have four stories. 

• If you’re in Groups 4, 5, 8, 20, 23, 26, 52, 53, 57, 59, 71, 72, or 75 – just one more story will get your group to five stories.

BTW - that also means that 48 (60%) of our groups have five or more stories posted!!  

With 20% more contestants than last year, we have 12% more stories posted than were posted for challenge 1 last year.

plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 12:22am
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Only 3 (4%) have two stories, which means 5 (6%) have 'fewer than three' stories.

Erm, Nixie.... I know you'll take this nitpicking the right way b/c you know I love you... 

but 1+3 =/= 5.

Wink

FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 12:54am
Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Only 3 (4%) have two stories, which means 5 (6%) have 'fewer than three' stories.

Erm, Nixie.... I know you'll take this nitpicking the right way b/c you know I love you... 

but 1+3 =/= 5.

Wink

OFC it doesn't - but it's not a math error - it's a copy/paste error.  and we all know about Nixie and her typos lol

tell ya what - how about i just put a whole new set of numbers up there instead? ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>