NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Posted Your FFC Story?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Posted Your FFC Story?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:10pm
As of this moment:

*Every* Group has at least one story posted!!

Only 4 (5%) have a single story.  
  • If you're in Group 18, 21, 43, or 44, come post your story and give your lonesome group-mate a chance to read someone else's take on the prompts!

Only 14 (18%) have two stories, which means 18 (23% - less than 1 in 4!) have 'fewer than three' stories
  • We like to have three - a chance to see at least two other takes on the prompts
  • If you are in Groups 2, 7, 10, 14, 20, 23, 27, 29, 42, 46, 52, 62, 66, or 75, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

Three stories is kinda the 'ideal minimum' but the 'ideal' is 'at least 5' - a chance to really get a feel for the range of things happening in the group.  

34 groups (43%) have 3 or 4 stories - lots of opportunities to tip the scales there too!

BTW - that also means that 35% of our groups have five or more stories posted.  In our first day of posting we have 344 stories up (compared to 405 stories for all of Challenge One last year).

(last year:
- 60 groups total
- 10 groups (16%) with 3-4 stories posted in Challenge 1
- 4 groups (7%) with only 2 stories.
- no groups with 1 or none)

Edited by nixie - 21 Jul 2017 at 12:39pm
Joenut22 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joenut22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:04am
I'm proud of my group at the moment. 55 has 12 posted!
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:41pm
As of this moment: 357 Stories

Only 3 (4%) have a single story.  

• If you're in Group 18, 43, or 44, come post your story and give your lonesome group-mate a chance to read someone else's take on the prompts!

Only 13 (16%) have two stories, which means 16 (20% - 1 in 5!) have 'fewer than three' stories

• We like to have three - a chance to see at least two other takes on the prompts
  • If you are in Groups 7, 10, 14, 21, 23, 27, 29, 42, 46, 52, 62, 66, or 75, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

Three stories is kinda the 'ideal minimum' but the 'ideal' is 'at least 5' - a chance to really get a feel for the range of things happening in the group.  

• 33 groups (41%) have 3 or 4 stories - lots of opportunities to tip the scales there too!

BTW - that also means that 31 groups (39%) have five or more stories posted. 

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:27pm
7 groups remaining with only 2 stories

2 groups remaining with only 1 story :)

Getting there!
Paul.Ford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul.Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:40pm
That's awesome. This is my first year participating and I love the engagement on the forum.

I am slow but working my way through the stories. And I appreciate the feedback I'm receiving from my peers! So great!
FFC 2018 CH1 GR4 The Last Mystic
FFC 2018 CH2 GR4 Passion
Lord Xoon View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Xoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:50pm
You people who are planning to just marathon the entire library of stories are hard core.  Much respect.  I've hit about 20, and I'm not sure I'm going to go much farther.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Lord Xoon Lord Xoon wrote:

You people who are planning to just marathon the entire library of stories are hard core.  Much respect.  I've hit about 20, and I'm not sure I'm going to go much farther.

Take a break. Pace yourself. It's a long time until September. :)
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Lord Xoon Lord Xoon wrote:

The key is to pace yourself... You've got nearly two months before the results are announced... Yin Yang
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
mhelgens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhelgens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 1:22am
I've devoured about 38 stories so far and I just want to keep reading. There's so much talent in this competition! 😊
Read my R1 Story: LINK= https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic51959_post550543.html#550543
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 1:40am
As of this moment: 385 Stories

Only 3 (4%) have a single story.  

• If you're in Group 18, 29, or 43, come post your story and give your lonesome group-mate a chance to read someone else's take on the prompts!

Only 6 (8%) have two stories, which means 9 (11% - 1 in 10!) have 'fewer than three' stories

• If you are in Groups 10, 42, 44, 62, 66, or 75, come "tip the scales" and get your group to 3 stories posted!!

• 33 groups (41%) have 3 or 4 stories - lots of opportunities to tip the scales there too!

BTW - that also means that 38 groups (48%) have five or more stories posted. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>