NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good scorers who don't progress -- FFC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by Averah Averah wrote:

I registered late, and am in a ver low group number. I think entries are just randomized.

Yes, I think you are right.  I registered early and have a high number this time, but in times past always had a low number.  The last FFC all the heats won with a single score were in the high numbers, that was my reason for making the supposition.

Let's put this to rest.  I registered Iratus and me at the same time, within 72 hours of the opening of registration.  He's in group 7. I am in group 80.

A friend who registered with less than an hour til deadline is in Rats' group 7.

Randomized in some fashion.
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:12am
Thanks for the thoughts, all. I forgot about this thread as I got caught up in Screenplay and moving. Both a PITA, but will hopefully end well. ;-)
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts, all. I forgot about this thread as I got caught up in Screenplay and moving. Both a PITA, but will hopefully end well. ;-)
It's good to see you here.
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:02pm

I'm with you on moving being a PITA. We moved at the end of June, to the same city we used to live in, and I'm not sure how much longer it'll be before we're really settled! I hope yours goes smoothly!
FFC 2017 CH2 - Finding Fault

2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

It's good to see you here.

Right back at you, tc! Wink

And thanks for the kind thoughts, @ottersdaughter.
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by paulene.turner paulene.turner wrote:

Thanks for the input, Suave! I hadn't thought about how the rounds are filled out. I do agree, it feels a little weird to have our scores in early rounds and then...nothing. I expect it in a contest like SSC, because we don't ever see scores. In FF, it would be helpful to have that through-line and info on solid areas for improvement.

I'm just wondering if I'm up for it again. I got two great pieces out of it (maybe three? Hard to tell), but it felt sort of empty at the end.

Please Vernacular, you must enter. Your work is always so excellent, it sets a benchmark for many of us. It is good to have good people to go up against; it makes us all lift our game. And your stories are always worth reading. 

Oh, Paulene, you are too good to me. My story is garbage. I set a bar for something, no doubt. Haha. But thanks for your supportive and generous words!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic