NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Revved Up for Flash Fiction!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Puffindor Puffindor wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by Puffindor Puffindor wrote:

[QUOTE=Suave]I am still thinking on it.  I will be three days into my traveling Vietnam during the second challenge in September, but I am leaning towards joining anyway.

Make sure to visit Hoi An! Some really great restaurants there. The Indian restaurant Ganesh in Hoi An is amazing, as well as Minh Hien (vegetarian)! At Ganesh, make sure to get the pineapple lassi. I have not come across pineapple lassi anywhere but in Vietnam in all my travels so far. Mostly Indian restaurants serve mango lassi. The pineapple one was so good though! And do a boat tour in Ha Long Bay!

Will be spending the first three days in Ho Chi Minh, then taking a boat to the coast, Vung Tau - where I will be doing my writing if I enter.  Will make Vung Tau my home base, renting scooters to travel around a little.  Mostly I just want to soak in a little Nam, eat and swim.  I am betting that the Lassi served in Nam is not as "good" as what you might find in India. . .

In India, the lassi I am speaking of, they spike with different cocktails of drugs.  If you are lucky it is only grass.  If you are on some side street it can be something that puts you to sleep for a while.

Edited by Suave - 20 May 2017 at 11:41am
LyndaD View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyndaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:24pm
I just realized I'll be traveling between lake Tahoe and Oregon the first weekend.  I'm still thinking of doing it, since I usually write at night anyway and we'll be in hotel rooms then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic