NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Revved Up for Flash Fiction!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Getting excited, but if I a get another dang ghost story I might loose my marbles though...

LOL

You wrote some great ghost stories last time around. Fingers crossed for you to get a different genre this time out!
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:57pm
It was a dark and stormy night...
D.H. Splinker
https://tinyurl.com/R3Screenplay
https://tinyurl.com/SPIN-R1H32

Davenader View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davenader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:10pm
Hi, looks like it's that time of year again. Good to see some familiar faces. Best of luck to all.
R1 G3 Missing body, Aisle three
I tweet here @davenader1
I blog here http://writeside.org/
charleycheval View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleycheval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:03pm
Can't believe it's that time of year again... I have a horse show this weekend too so we will see what happens!! LOL
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by charleycheval charleycheval wrote:

Can't believe it's that time of year again... I have a horse show this weekend too so we will see what happens!! LOL

Your horse could have some good input!  They actually have a lot to say if you listen close.  Thumbs Up
Round 1 story G73 horror THE BOOK
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by charleycheval charleycheval wrote:

Your horse could have some good input!  They actually have a lot to say if you listen close.  Thumbs Up

You have to speak so quietly to them, though. Like a whisper.
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Davenader Davenader wrote:

Hi, looks like it's that time of year again. Good to see some familiar faces. Best of luck to all.

Good to see you back!  So many great 'faces' returning - I look forward to being left in your collective dust!!!
Davenader View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davenader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Originally posted by Davenader Davenader wrote:

Good to see you back!  So many great 'faces' returning - I look forward to being left in your collective dust!!!

mmmm sweet, sweet dust.... I have no doubt I'll be tasting yours. Great to see you again Nixie. Best of luck with the comp.

Edited by Davenader - 11 Jul 2017 at 10:12am
R1 G3 Missing body, Aisle three
I tweet here @davenader1
I blog here http://writeside.org/
_B_ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _B_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:42am
Now that its Flash week I'm questioning why on earth I'm doing this to myself again.

The only time I got through to the second round I shattered my ankle and spent the week in hospital LOL

So statistically speaking I'll either get wiped out early again or something even worse will happen! Wink
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:52am
The biggest difference I see between FF and SS is that in FF I am always eliminated after the 2nd entry, and in the SS I am eliminated right away. ;)

I like writing the bigger works, so I enjoy the SS competition more. But I first learned of NYC Midnight through FF, and so I'll likely continue to enter this maddening competition even though I have yet to crack the code of "What do the judges REALLY want?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic