NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips on how to wait like a sane person.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

if you were sane, you wouldn't be here :)

Fair point, well made!
lgeverdell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by innatejames innatejames wrote:

Originally posted by lgeverdell lgeverdell wrote:

Today is the WAITING day to end all waiting days.

I'm WAITING for the go to post my story here.
I'm WAITING all day because I'm sh*tting myself about having all my wisdom teeth surgically yanked out of my skull tomorrow.
I'm WAITING for the proof copy of my first novel to bellyflop through my letterbox.

...approximate departure time for my sanity: any second now.

Help!? How do I get through today!?

I had all my wisdom teeth pulled last October. The oral surgeon said the older we get the more risky the surgery is. I'm 42; that information scared the crap out of me!

It really wasn't that bad. I didn't even need the pain medication they gave me. The worst part was the heat/cold sensitivity that followed for a few months after. 

Good luck!

Thank you! This was comforting :) Much appreciated 
localhomiesexual View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote localhomiesexual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 4:26pm

I'm WAITING all day because I'm sh*tting myself about having all my wisdom teeth surgically yanked out of my skull tomorrow.
I'm WAITING for the proof copy of my first novel to bellyflop through my letterbox.

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out a few years ago; they knocked me out so tbh the only thing afterwards was the inconvenience: numb lips and severe drowsiness.

You will be fine! I believe in you. Smile
Tonight's forecast: 100% Advil

FFCH1 2017 — Rout(e)

FFCH2 2017 — Harlowe and the Frost King
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by localhomiesexual localhomiesexual wrote:

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out a few years ago; they knocked me out so tbh the only thing afterwards was the inconvenience: numb lips and severe drowsiness.

You will be fine! I believe in you. Smile

Thank you I was definitely feeling out a bit before I heard from some people who'd had it done and survived with minimal agony after. Feel much better now!
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:31pm

LOL LOL ... my NYCMMM Clickbait WORKED!  I had dozens of clicks before the confirmation was posted!  I was right ... the emails came at 3.00am down under ... great was to stay sane ... by teasing others ...

NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:36am
To everyone who reassured me wisdom teeth would be a breeze thank you so much! It was totally fine and you were absolutely right. Onward to reading some of the fab stories on here!

P.s. Anyone who wants to request a review feel very free, either here or dm me.
Hollyvict View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyvict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:06am

To everyone who reassured me wisdom teeth would be a breeze thank you so much! It was totally fine and you were absolutely right. Onward to reading some of the fab stories on here!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou...

I'm having my wisdom teeth done next week. I was quite panicky. Feeling somewhat better now!
Gra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
There's a lot about NYC that I'm discovering redefines my understanding of sanity. I'll never be the same again after this ... particularly with the long wait now to see who's still in and who's out.
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Hollyvict Hollyvict wrote:

Thankyouthankyouthankyou...

I'm having my wisdom teeth done next week. I was quite panicky. Feeling somewhat better now!

I really thought I'd be very sore after but it's really not that bad at all. No more discomfort than your average nasty head cold. (I'm still taking the painkillers they gave me.... why suffer ) Really the most annoying thing is not being able to eat crisps (chips for Americans???) for a while!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12