NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can we submit our first round story?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can we submit our first round story?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:41pm
Someone just sent me a link to a contest that would totally suit the story I wrote for round one. Are we allowed to do this or do we have to wait until the competition is over?
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:10am
I would think that would be up to the other contest, they may have rules!  This contest has no hold on a first round story, meaning they do not publish it even if you win the whole contest, they would only publish the final round winning story here.  Off the top of my head, and I may just be talking out, I would say go for it.
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 3:34pm
Since you retain all the rights to the stories you create during the competition, you are free to do whatever you like with them.  Good luck!
--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
 Post Reply Post Reply