NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Submitting Trouble?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Submitting Trouble?
    Posted: 11 May 2014 at 12:11am
Anyone else have trouble with the website trying to submit at the last minute?  (I know I know should have submitted earlier, but I'm on the west coast so it's only 9 and I had a busy week).  It finally uploaded but it was about 3 or 4 minutes past the deadline.  Do you think that'll be disqualified?
Tom2point0 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 12:15am
That stinks, I nearly missed it myself for no good reason.

I can't say for certain but I would definitely email them and let them know you had technical difficulties. I can't imagine them taking issue with a couple minutes.

Fingers crossed for ya. Good luck
Mr. Jak View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Jak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 1:44am
as long as they are aware of the problems and see the time your story was submitted, within minutes, it shouldn't be a problem..
Writing is easy, just open a vein and bleed out the words.

natuckie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 2:52pm
Thanks, guys!  Fingers crossed, and at any rate at least these contests always force me to sit down and actually produce something.
Tad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 4:57pm
I had submission problems on Saturday, as well.  I also live on the west coast.  My submission finally went through by 9:15 PDT…  Sucked...
Tad
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 5:17pm

I think if you sent the safety e-mail dated around that time, you should be OK ...

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
natuckie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 6:29pm
Thanks!  I definitely doubled down and sent the safety e-mail as soon as the website started giving me trouble, and I noted that I was having some issues.  Hopefully they'll see the time stamps (like 9:05 or so west coast time) and it won't be so egregious to DQ me, but I'd totally understand if they did.  Still, it's not like those 5 extra minutes would have been meaningful if I'd still been writing!
natuckie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 1:17pm
Just got the confirmation e-mail -- phew!  Tad, I hope yours went through as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply