NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Mental Momentum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IndigoWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Losing Mental Momentum
    Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 1:01am
Is anyone else finding that the time between rounds is stretched a week too long? At least this time. I feel like my motivation and enthusiasm got to Friday, looked at the calendar, and deflated. Confused
topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:22pm
Feeling the same way, although excited to keep on writing if the contest Gods deem it so, these contests dragged out over months and months get quite un-motivating after awhile.  I've opted out of this in the past, just because I like my contests crisp and concise, and not spread out over a quarter of a year. Just get me to the next round, please.
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:13pm
I've been doing NaNo, so I feel like I've been going nonstop! I'm ready for a break I'm not going to get.
telera View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 7:10pm
We actually have a week less between Rounds 2 and 3 than we did between Rounds 1 and 2 . . . but the same number of writers for the judges to read. Since they barely got the judging done in time for Round 2, I'm wondering if they will be able to wrap up the judging in time for us to hit the set date for 3! 

Hope so!
IndigoWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:46pm
I know - but it just feels so much longer this time. Not sure why. Maybe because I haven't been able to be as active on the forum this time, so I've been a bit detached from the stimulation and excitement of it. I don't know.
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 6:19am
Actually, there are usually less stories to score this time around as people tend to drop out after the first challenge
LaurieOCS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurieOCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 10:58am
Do you think they just shifted things because of Thanksgiving weekend (at least here in the good old US of A)?   I'm hoping if there are less entries and an extra week that we'll get the scoring tonight as promised.  A girl can dream, can't she? Big smile

Laurie
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:26pm
The usual MO is to receive an email that says "we are sorry, but blah blah blah some heats more difficult to score blah blah will need until fill in the blank blah blah"

However, every now and then NYCM is on time.  You can't count on them being late.  So dream away.  Click your heels together 3xs while you're at it.  

LaurieOCS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurieOCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:35pm
Well, there IS no place like home!
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:59pm
this is what NYCM states on their FB page:

The date of the results announcement should have been listed in the confirmation e-mails, but we are shooting for tonight by 11:59PM EDT. If anything changes, we will send e-mails before then. Thanks and good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>