NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And the Final Assignment is....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregonar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 12:57am
Hells yes. 
Eapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:31am
I'm up for the Scotch, too, dammit.  Make that three fingers.

Came in at JUST 2500 words.  The real editor in me always comes out in the last two hours of something like this. Hack hack hack it down.
az1080 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az1080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 2:30am
For the past three contests I've entered, I've had my father proofread my stories for the final round. This time, while he was on the phone marking corrections, my stepmother (a healthcare professional) yelled, "Great job, Adam! That's exactly how lungs are supposed to smell!"

Not sure if that means I wrote a good horror story or not. 
Gregonar View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregonar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 2:37am
Well Adam, it sounds like you've better odds than the two editor draftees I thought I had who went drinking and forgot. Useless young people. Give me some intelligent parents (or step-parents) damnit!  
Trix View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:11pm
I completely crashed and burned on this one and failed to hand anything in. Feeling a lil frustrated at myself at the moment (no change there then). Ah well, maybe next time.
Donovan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:26pm
Don't feel too bad Trix. I almost bailed in the afternoon. I can't even bring myself to reread what I submitted. 
Gregonar View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregonar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:35pm
Heh, I've been griping to myself about how many serious writers made the finals... hopefully, more of you fell flat writing in a kitsch genre. Tongue
Janet48 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 4:29pm
Hi,
Sorry I haven't checked in more.  I wasn't happy about the genre either, and am not sure my story will fly, but I got it in on time.  I also had to shave off a bunch of words because I was way over the limit.  This is the kind of thing people hate because it sounds so "goody two shoes" but I'm learning with every story, so that part of this is great!  I'll post my story too and will be VERY grateful for critique.  I already know some of the problems with it, like lack of character development.  I'm glad that I did this though. 

Hope everyone is recovering well.
Janet Landis
Heat 4 - Suspense/cremation - Righteous Fire
Finalist - Horror/a prodigy - Music Lessons
Donovan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 4:49pm
I was surprised to see a FINALS story posted already. I haven't received submission confirmation. Anyone else still waiting?
Janet48 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 5:01pm
I'm still waiting for confirmation of submission too.  Isn't that the way it usually works?  I submitted by email and on the website just like they stipulate, but I didn't get any email confirmation that they received it.  I don't know the rules about posting your story as far as a time limit.  I recall with the first round there was either an email or some notice asking people not to post their final stories until after a certain time.  Any answers would be most appreciated.  Thanks!

Edited by Janet48 - 03 Apr 2011 at 5:02pm
Janet Landis
Heat 4 - Suspense/cremation - Righteous Fire
Finalist - Horror/a prodigy - Music Lessons
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>