NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The finalists have been announced...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veruca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 8:10pm
Trillian

Are you saying you can see results for group 2? I must be losing it. If you can see the top 5 for the last round, can you please tell me who they are? I really must sound insane to anyone else who can see the results! Don't call the men in white!
Trillian4210 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 9:01pm
Are you saying you can't see Group Two as in Fantasy/binoculars/playground? If so, here ya go:

Top Stories

#1 'A Sideways Step' by Rachael Dunlop SYNOPSIS - As children start to disappear from a playground, a lonely boy watches and begins to see a pattern in the strange events. When the life you have is not the life you want, a sideways step can sometimes take you where you want to be. (GROUP 2)

#2 'Bobby's Binoculars' by Billy Maddox SYNOPSIS - A special boy has a very special pair of binoculars. (GROUP 2)

#3 'Over the Rainbow' by Sandy Robertson SYNOPSIS - Jenny makes a wish and soars out of this world. (GROUP 2)

#4 'Dragonflies' by Victoria LaCorte SYNOPSIS - Isabel ventures into a hidden world to rescue her brother Maxwell. (GROUP 2)

#5 'The Playground' by Mark Maynard SYNOPSIS - Joseph discovers an inverted subterranean playground, a mirror image of the one he is playing on. His curiosity leads him into a world where he meets Dirt Mother who helps him remember the story of his arrival in Mudling. (GROUP 2)

The same five are in the finals.

Edited by Trillian4210 - 17 Sep 2009 at 9:06pm
No matter where you go...there you are.
topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 9:58pm

I get so frustrated reading the standings. I can never tell who anybody is. Forum participants, I mean. Anyway, just popped in to say congrats to those moving on. Reading all those great synopsees-- (grin --what the heck is the plural of synopsis?) --Makes me wish I wasn't buried in these projects and had time right now to read. I will get there. Sitting here amidst a pile of ribbon and sparkly things making wedding pew bows, but had to check in to catch up with the newest announcment. Too bad a lot of those stories that are moving on didn't post. They sound awesome. I would love to read them when my hands aren't so full.

Good job you guys!!
mt1225 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mt1225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 11:02pm
Grats everyone! Look forward to seeing how the final round goes!

I do hope it isn't romance like last year. Even with this year's flameout, I'll drop by for some excellent stories late next week.
veruca View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veruca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:55am
Trill-

Thanks for that: Some glitch with my computer I guess, or maybe user error!
londongirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 2:46am
For all of you who can't see the result - clear your browser's cache then refresh the page (or open a new one to be sure). It's an ongoing issue with this website - you're browser is opening an older, saved version of the page instead of the updated one.
cabridges View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabridges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 3:28am
Generally when I keep seeing older pages, I force-refresh. This forces your browser to get the latest version of the page from the source, rather than your computer's cache.

On a PC hold down your Ctrl key and refresh the page.

On a Mac with Safari hit Cmd + Shift + R, on a Mac with Firefox use Cmd + R.
http://www.cabridges.com
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 5:13am
Originally posted by mt1225 mt1225 wrote:

I do hope it isn't romance like last year.

Ick. You and me both.

NM156 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NM156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 5:46am
I am re-posting this here as well (posted in 'standings' thread)
=============================
Good Luck to everyone!  This was fun, and I learned a lot.
I apologize for not getting you feedback on challenge 3.  I started back teaching and it has been a brutal pace compared to the summer of R&R.
I was very shocked twice in this competition:
1) I thought 'Orby's Gift' (challenge 2) was a slam dunk (someone even said it was one of the best stories they read here).  Maybe they didn't like my "horseshoe crab" used of the object horseshoe (or missed it, as it was in the last few sentences).  I really thought that would have been top 3, not #7.
2) This last round my romantic comedy was a bitter pill (having broken up w/gf that weekend).  However, "Don't Blinky" finished 5th of 20.  And that was more shocking to me than hoe "Orby's Gift" ended.   Oh, if only it would have finished 2 places higher!!

I will definitely see you all again.
Cheers
Greg in San Diego
gregwlowe "at" gmail "dot" com (a bot proof code for my email address in case anyone wants to stay in touch)

Oh, and KICK ASS this weekend if you made it...   Clap

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 5:57am
I said "Orby's Gift" was one of the best stories, and I still feel that way. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12