NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results Are In !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Big fat zero for me. Oh well.

Woah. That's... harsh. I'm no judge, but your story was good!

Thank you. I appreciate that.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
ajbosworth View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ajbosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Lookit There Lookit There wrote:

Holy crap, I scored 15.

Congrats!
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:52pm
I got a zero, but I am happy to be here with all my friends who also got a zero.

I gave it my best shot for a prompt I hated. Ultimately, what I turned in worked for me, and I'm good with that. I would rather risk a story I can say I struggled with than turn in something I didn't work hard on.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by De Chelonian Mobile De Chelonian Mobile wrote:

Big fat zero for me. Oh well.

Lisa, I personally give your story a 15!

I'm not disappointed with a 4, partly because I betrayed my muse and wrote to the judges instead of writing what I like to write. I probably deserved a zero. Congrats to everyone, no matter the score! 

Thanks, Jon. It stings a little, but what are you going to do?

I'm glad you scored points! I really enjoyed your story, and I know it was out of your comfort zone which makes placement even that much sweeter.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
cbb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:52pm
I find my 0 oddly...relieving.
Round 1, Challenge #1 CH1 GR28 The Transaction, 0 points
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

I got a zero, but I am happy to be here with all my friends who also got a zero.

I gave it my best shot for a prompt I hated. Ultimately, what I turned in worked for me, and I'm good with that. I would rather risk a story I can say I struggled with than turn in something I didn't work hard on.

Stephen, I'm sorry to see that. I know you struggled with your story but I thought it was really good. 

If nothing else, I guess you're in good company here with me! And the beauty of this is that we get another go at it this weekend.

Trying to pick my chin up and just move forward. That's all we can do, right?
lisafoxiswriting.com
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Stephen, I'm sorry to see that. I know you struggled with your story but I thought it was really good. 

If nothing else, I guess you're in good company here with me! And the beauty of this is that we get another go at it this weekend.

Trying to pick my chin up and just move forward. That's all we can do, right?

What I WANT to say wouldn't be allowed on a family forum.  ;)

We have to write what we are passionate about, even if it fails.

Plus, I can only go up!

Looking forward to this weekend for another go. 

Good luck to you, and let me know if you need a beta reader with a jaundiced eye and liver.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Lord Xoon View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Xoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:55pm
I'm pleased with 12, but I can't help feeling that fantasy was sort of in my wheelhouse. I'll have to bring a stronger game in one of the tougher genres if I want to move on.
Mickey T View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:57pm
Stoked to score the 15 points.

Congrats to everyone who completed Round 1, let alone those who managed to take some points from it.
Microfiction 2020 - Round 2: The Bearer
Microfiction 2020 - Round 1: Old Dog
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Lookit There Lookit There wrote:

Holy crap, I scored 15.

Congratulations! Well done!!! ClapClap
lisafoxiswriting.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>