NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new(ish) flash fiction competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by csderuyter csderuyter wrote:

I'm signed up! I really enjoyed the last one. It's nice that the wait time in-between rounds isn't as interminable as NYCM. :) Feedback was also on-point and appreciated. 

Most excellent, Cindy. I'm so excited you're joining us again! Good luck!

Nate

Edited by innatejames - 20 Sep 2017 at 7:32pm
FF R3 G19 The Event Planner (Suspense)
innatejames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Just registered! Looking forward to it!

Well dangit - my husband may shoot me if a miracle occurs and I end up with a doubled up writing weekend, but I'll join you :)

Thanks so much for trying us out, ottersdaughter! I feel like I should maybe throw in a bullet proof vest as an additional prize now?

Nate
Gra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:03am
I'd love to have a crack at it ... but I think my partner would kill me if I followed this competition up with another one straight afterwards.
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Gra Gra wrote:

I'd love to have a crack at it ... but I think my partner would kill me if I followed this competition up with another one straight afterwards.

We don't want to ruin relationships, Gra. That's why we run 2 Fiction superchallenges a year and 2 nonfiction superchallenges. Maybe one of those will work!

Nate
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:47pm
Wow. I want to play, but you've got that mid-November weekend overlapping this contest's! (Of course, none of us can bank on making it to that round in either competition.) It sounds fun, though. Is there any way you'd consider changing the last event's schedule, to benefit those of us who are doing this competition as well? If you could move that one back a week, I'd sign up. (I wouldn't ask, but it would benefit all of us here, I think.) 
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Wow. I want to play, but you've got that mid-November weekend overlapping this contest's! (Of course, none of us can bank on making it to that round in either competition.) It sounds fun, though. Is there any way you'd consider changing the last event's schedule, to benefit those of us who are doing this competition as well? If you could move that one back a week, I'd sign up. (I wouldn't ask, but it would benefit all of us here, I think.) 

Hi Zelda! Unfortunately, the dates for the challenge are already set. I know several NYC Midnight authors who are participating in both competitions, but if that's not your speed (It's not mine, honestly), we're bound to have a superchallenge that doesn't fall at the same time as this contest. We tried to plan our contest around this and other writing competitions, but no matter what weekend we picked we clashed. I can tell you YeahWrite is inexpensive and punctual with similar inspiring writing prompts and great feedback. I hope you'll keep us in mind.

Nate

Edited by innatejames - 25 Sep 2017 at 10:44am
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:28pm
Thanks for getting back to me! I see what you mean about how these things are hard to schedule. Yeah, I'm still interested, but I'll just have to give it some thought. On top of this competition, there's also NaNoWriMo. But can you give me a quick link to where I can be put on your mailing list? That way, I'm sure to not forget about registering if I decide I'm feeling super-brave!! Thanks!! And yeah, I have to say your contest looks like lots of fun!! Big smile
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote innatejames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:09pm
Sure! Here's the link to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Let me know if you have more questions!

Nate
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:43pm
HA HA HA HA HA! That's the funniest form I've ever filled out. Thank you!! LOL
Mickey T View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
I'd love to give this a go, but I'm already overcommitted for the next few months. I'll shoot for 2018 Smile
Microfiction 2020 - Round 2: The Bearer
Microfiction 2020 - Round 1: Old Dog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>