NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:28am
Sponge Bob must die.

A junkie giving blood in a children's hospital gets into a heated argument with the wallpaper.

That's what i wanted to write, but i chickened out.
Splinker
https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArBspawnlI8yo1H2Ki5_xuZg-K0v?e=x2mixn
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Splinker Splinker wrote:

Sponge Bob must die.

A junkie giving blood in a children's hospital gets into a heated argument with the wallpaper.

Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:43am
Junkie
(Yelling at the sponge bob wall paper)
What's in the pineapple man? Give it up or I'll cut you!

Patrick Starfish
Do it man! Cut him!
Splinker
Goonie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:02am
Went with SUSPENSE on this one... but struggled on if it was actually a Thriller.

"O2"
Two marine researchers desperate for rescue during an ill-fated research project fight hopelessness as they descend into darkness.

shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Horror/Fantasy 

Closer to the Sea
A marine biologist has one hell of a trippy night after an encounter with "the fish that makes dreams"

(And as an aside, I really, really admire that so many of you were able to make a drama out of this. I had grand dreams of writing something beautiful, but it didn't work out that way. The hallucination theme brought me down a really bizarre path. But oh well. Live and learn...)

I was *this close* to writing a comedy because of my daughter... I told her the prompt and she goes, "I sniff the puffer fish to get *SNORT* Hiiiggghhhh."   
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:29pm

Sponge Bob must die.

You can totally write it... in fact, I insist that you do. And that you share it. You have 24 hours.
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:41pm

Junkie
(Yelling at the sponge bob wall paper)
What's in the pineapple man? Give it up or I'll cut you!

Patrick Starfish
Do it man! Cut him!

Always go with your gut. Big smile
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 1:18pm
Nobody dares me and gets away with it. Maybe a few people do get away with it, but not this time!

Edited by Splinker - 23 Jul 2017 at 1:49pm
Splinker
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by shanan187 shanan187 wrote:

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Horror/Fantasy 

Closer to the Sea
A marine biologist has one hell of a trippy night after an encounter with "the fish that makes dreams"

(And as an aside, I really, really admire that so many of you were able to make a drama out of this. I had grand dreams of writing something beautiful, but it didn't work out that way. The hallucination theme brought me down a really bizarre path. But oh well. Live and learn...)

I was *this close* to writing a comedy because of my daughter... I told her the prompt and she goes, "I sniff the puffer fish to get *SNORT* Hiiiggghhhh."   

Although I described it as Horror/Fantasy when I submitted, mine is actually a Dark Comedy. But I don't know if that's even a real genre (I think it is). 

I'm having morning-after regrets. And I keep alternating between tears and laughter when I think about what I wrote.

Oh well. 

lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 3:56pm
Mine was very much magic realism, but I labeled as Fantasy (magic realism) just in case. Although it could also have been Historical Fiction (magic realism) in a way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>