NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So I had the time zone wrong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teehlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So I had the time zone wrong
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:20am
I missed the deadline. I'm in California and I went to submit just now and that is when I realized that I totally effed up. Is there any chance I can still get the feedback? Can I at least submit my story to the forum review? Will I still be allowed to participate in Round 2? I feel like a total moron and I am totally going to cry now. arrrrrggggghhhhh. Yes, it's my first time.
Tazenhani View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazenhani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by teehlee teehlee wrote:

I missed the deadline. I'm in California and I went to submit just now and that is when I realized that I totally effed up. Is there any chance I can still get the feedback? Can I at least submit my story to the forum review? Will I still be allowed to participate in Round 2? I feel like a total moron and I am totally going to cry now. arrrrrggggghhhhh. Yes, it's my first time.

Hey, I'm new here so I don't know 100% what the rules are on this, but I just saw this advice in another forum where someone else had trouble with uploading.  The post was made by a NYC blackbelt (stephenmatlock).

"Send your story to feedback@nycmidnight.com and explain what happened. Also contact them on twitter."

Hope this helps!!
teehlee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teehlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:06am
I'll try that, thank you!
De Chelonian Mobile View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Chelonian Mobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:34am
I don't know one way or the other if there is a set rule about posting to the forum if it wasn't submitted, but you should have no problem participating in the second challenge no matter what ruling you receive on the missed deadline for this challenge. At the very worst you would be in the same boat as anyone else in your group who didn't rank in the top 15 for this bunch of prompts. 

Edited by De Chelonian Mobile - 17 Jul 2017 at 3:35am
teehlee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teehlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:58am
Oh, that's great, I hope so! I was not sure if you are dropped for not participating in the first part. I have started to feel dumber by the minute. THE CONTEST IS LITERALLY CALLED NYC MIDNIGHT OH MY GOOD LORD.
MegOverman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MegOverman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:48am
You are NOT dropped, for sure. There are a lot of writers who stall out or just can't make it happen one weekend. You get two rounds regardless. :) Good luck!
Have a glass of wine and take it like a writer.

R1 - A Waste of Stars (Drama)
Tonatale View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonatale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:46am
People with 0's in one round have still advanced with high scores in the second round. It does happen and it can happen to you.
emily.vieweg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emily.vieweg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:02am
CryCryI totally missed the whole thing...
The last time I did this we had a week to write in Challenge 1.
I definitely messed up.
Dammit...

CryCry
~~
2019 SS - R1/H134 - Rewind
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:02am
There's no reason why you shouldn't post in the Review Forum either.  It will open on Wednesday/Thursday and you can get feedback from other writers if you post your story. Just mention in your post that you missed the deadline so haven't submitted, but usually people are happy to give feedback if you offer to return the favour.

I'll look out for you there :)
No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

teehlee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teehlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:57am
Thanks :) I'll do that. Looking forward to not blanking round 2!
 Post Reply Post Reply