NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Share your Title & Synopsis!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

I'm actually being kept awake by my story. There are too many questions lingering that I don't have answers to and I'll never have answers to.

Write some backstory for each question and see what you come up with. LOL
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Alexis_H Alexis_H wrote:

Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

I'm actually being kept awake by my story. There are too many questions lingering that I don't have answers to and I'll never have answers to.

The only way to solve the problem is to finish writing it in full or tell the story to yourself.

Or write some backstory for each question and see what you come up with. LOL
jennmcg72 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennmcg72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:58pm
Group 55: Horror/Supermarket/Earring

“Cut of the Day”

Questions arise when the butcher of a grocery store’s meat department has some interesting daily specials.

R1,G37,1st Reunited
R2,G7 A Fashionable Web

astridmarx View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astridmarx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by jennmcg72 jennmcg72 wrote:

Group 55: Horror/Supermarket/Earring

“Cut of the Day”

Questions arise when the butcher of a grocery store’s meat department has some interesting daily specials.

Shocked Yes!! Can't wait to read this one. 
julieoliverio View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julieoliverio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:07pm
First time with a Midnight competition here! I've done some other flash fiction challenges, but I'm loving everything about how this one is proceeding, and loving the prompts.

I'm group #19, Drama/a school bus/a kettlebell

I'm watching this thread keenly for someone else from my group but so far all is quiet!

Title: The Boy in Baton Rouge
Synopsis: A strongman in a traveling circus dreams of family life with the wife he left behind.
JessBarratt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessBarratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by HilaryHatt HilaryHatt wrote:

Heat 48
Political Satire, A Mayor's Office, A magnet

I seriously panicked when I saw that the genre was Political Satire but in the end, I had fun with it.

Title:
Shall Over-Comb

When a woman agrees to take her elderly neighbor to meet the President of the United States, things quickly spiral out of control.  

Hahah! This one sounds like it will be fun!
JessBarratt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessBarratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by ajbosworth ajbosworth wrote:

Group 77 - Comedy, thrift store, vacuum cleaner

Junkin’
An unexpected item finds its way into a thrift shop.  It’s all that the two young clerks can do to keep it out of sight of the blue haired ladies searching the aisles for hidden treasures.

Right? There are always blue-haired ladies at thrift stores!

Hope you did well, do you think you'll be posting your story for feedback?
Shadowedcries View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowedcries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:10pm
Heat #4 - Thriller, the back stage of a theater, an oyster

"Analgesia" 

Faceless men extend their hands with temptation, beckoning her take center stage. The sweet click-clack is like a siren’s call so she moves to take her place among them; but, instead of a swallowing numbness, Layla discovers a child’s hand grasping her own and she begs Layla not to go.

AGirlWWords View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGirlWWords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:17pm
Heat 13
Suspense | A Farmhouse | A Corkscrew

The Auld Farmhouse

The Auld Farmhouse holds a sickly power over the small town below.

When one is called they must climb Red Mount alone, and be consumed by terror.

I'm not a fan of the ending of my synopsis but I cut the deadline very fine, so it was a "whatever comes out goes" type of thing! And as mentioned in another forum I am worried that my story strays too far into the Thriller or Horror genre, but we'll see Smile

Archon1995 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archon1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by julieoliverio julieoliverio wrote:

I'm watching this thread keenly for someone else from my group but so far all is quiet!

Yes, it's funny that way. Some groups has a lot of people active here, others have very few. I believe I'm the only one from group 7 so far. (The other person I know in my group doesn't participate here. I wish they would, but respect their decision.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>