FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Share your Title & Synopsis!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Krysta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krysta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Share your Title & Synopsis!
    Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:57pm
I'm in group 74, and wrote an action/adventure featuring a calendar on a high-speed train. 

My story is called ONE LAST CASE.

Synopsis: An agent on a high-speed train follows a suspicious woman through the rail cars. When he catches her, he is thrown into a situation where he must save the day – and the lives of all those aboard.
jhardycarroll View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhardycarroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:31am
I'm in group 53.

Augenblick & Geier

In which an unusual set of circumstances leads to the creation of an entirely new art form.
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Janice Janice wrote:

First time contestant (probably last time, too Confused

Group 17 Historical Fiction Mansion A kitten

Now comes the exciting part - trying to link my story . . . Cry

Well, it works for me Embarrassed

The link works, but it will probably get lost here. If you want lots of helpful feedback, you should post it in the special sub forum in it's own topic:

You can see more about how to get/give feedback in this post:

Good luck! And I hope you enjoy the experience of a really great online writers' workshop.

FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
Janice View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 5:44am
First time contestant (probably last time, too Confused

Group 17 Historical Fiction Mansion A kitten

Now comes the exciting part - trying to link my story . . . Cry

Well, it works for me Embarrassed
Janice
R1, G17, HistFic

Pastelninja View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastelninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:30pm
Hey! I'm in group 24 too.

The link for your post in the main forum list is broken so other group members might have a hard time giving feedback. I thought you'd want to know.
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by mhelgens mhelgens wrote:

Still haven't received the OK to post my grandma's story. It's after midnight. Should I be worried yet?

wouldnt hurt to send an email to feeedback@nycmidnight.com and inquire :)
mhelgens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhelgens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:34am
Still haven't received the OK to post my grandma's story. It's after midnight. Should I be worried yet?
Read my R1 Story: LINK= https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic51959_post550543.html#550543
newbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:09am
Originally posted by mhelgens mhelgens wrote:

I felt the same way: hesitant to post mine because it was miles longer than others. I am admiring people's ability to attract their readers to read their story by giving so little away, but I was under the impression that the synopsis should be more elaborate. This is my first go round and I'm learning already 😂

Same here! In my first submission, I wrote my synopsis as a complete description of my entire story. However, after reading this guideline from the FAQ...
Q.  What is a brief synopsis of my story?
A.  A brief synopsis is a 1-2 sentence summary of your story.  It should be simple, yet very enticing (the main goal is to make the reader excited to read your story).

...I rewrote my synopsis to be a bit more of a teaser, and resubmitted.

Title:   A Killer Hike
Synopsis:   A forensic investigator goes hiking on her day off, while a serial killer is still at large.
Full Story:  http://forums.nycmidnight.com/ch1-gr66-a-killer-hike-action-adventure_topic15249.html

Edited by newbie - 20 Jul 2017 at 6:10am
enngeecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enngeecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 3:39am
I was in group 27 and our prompt was Fantasy/copper mine/ tuxedo.

'Three Days Ago'

A speculative fiction-fantasy story set on an Australian coastal cliffside. It is the End of Days, but deep beneath the surface of the Earth, new beginnings are about to take place.

(I don't even know how I feel about this story any more. I edited it from 1500 words to 1000 and I think doing that took something away with it. Oh well. Done and dusted now!)

Edited by enngeecee - 20 Jul 2017 at 3:41am
brianhagan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianhagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 6:41pm
I was in Group 25, and our prompt was Romance/A strawberry field/a golf ball

Title:
Waiting By the Bridge

Synopsis:

After a tragic incident, Melissa discovers that her soul mate has been waiting for her all along.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>