NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you doing instead of writing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:02pm
I taught my nephew how to ride his bike, took him to swimming lessons and searched for insects with him.

I've submitted now but really should have got my act together and got a beta. I know I'll regret that.

To sleep... ahhhhh heaven.
Archive
250 R2
<a href="https://tinyurl.com/YACCMMDD" rel="nofollow">250 (R1)</
charleycheval View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleycheval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:31pm
I was at a horse show allllll weekend and am now on paragraph two of my story.. at least I have 5.5 hours to go though. Pressure is on! ;) 
LyndaD View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyndaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:35pm
Waiting on my beta...
I took a nap, did a partial water change on two aquariums, and watered houseplants.
cookie75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
Reading this, reset my password on here, twice..ran some errands, deciding on the perfect music, set DVR for GOT, checked twitter, Facebook, instagram and Snapchat multiple times! Now I'm stressed, have 300 words typed and I hate my ending but I haven't even written it yet! 😑
ShroudedWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShroudedWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:00pm
Trying to motivate myself to instill changes from my betas, when I have it under 1,000 words and with a decent flow, but still know the betas made a good point and I don't want to sacrifice any darlings to birth new ones. That, and watching The Grinch on Netflix.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:37pm
I'm done now, but I spent the better part of Saturday and today's mornings and afternoons doing some plumbing, or shopping for said plumbing. Not by choice, not for fun. Because I had to.

But I'm done now. 

The text. Not the plumbing.
ShroudedWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShroudedWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

I'm done now, but I spent the better part of Saturday and today's mornings and afternoons doing some plumbing, or shopping for said plumbing. Not by choice, not for fun. Because I had to.

But I'm done now. 

The text. Not the plumbing.

Lol. You're going to need to read my story when we can post them. Seriously. You won't believe it.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ShroudedWolf ShroudedWolf wrote:

Lol. You're going to need to read my story when we can post them. Seriously. You won't believe it.

Sure sounds like we'll be exanging feedback soon enough, then! ;) And it'll be my pleasure!
Shadies01 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadies01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:53pm
I spent most of Saturday working (I'm a realtor so weekends are busy!) and thinking over ideas for the story. I spent most of Sunday working and managed to sneak in about 3 hours to write up the story I came up with...and spent then the rest of Sunday night realizing I used a storeroom instead of a stockroom, but didn't have time to come up with an entirely new story since I had a bunch of paperwork to do for work.  Oh, and spent quite a bit of time both days admiring pictures of my new granddaughter. :)
ASharedNarrative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASharedNarrative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Shadies01 Shadies01 wrote:

I spent most of Saturday working (I'm a realtor so weekends are busy!) and thinking over ideas for the story. I spent most of Sunday working and managed to sneak in about 3 hours to write up the story I came up with...and spent then the rest of Sunday night realizing I used a storeroom instead of a stockroom, but didn't have time to come up with an entirely new story since I had a bunch of paperwork to do for work.  Oh, and spent quite a bit of time both days admiring pictures of my new granddaughter. :)

What's the distinction? I thought they were two different words for the same thing.
2018 SSC
R1 G62 (Spy) - Ex Parte
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>