NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prompt: What did you get? How do you like it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davenader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:33pm
Group 3, mystery, stock room, antlers.

This won't be easy.

I tweet here @davenader1
I blog here http://www.davidtmyers.com/
pineapple12 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pineapple12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
Prompt:

Suspense - a railroad sleeping car – sushi

This is my first year doing this contest. I entered because I'd been toying with the idea of getting back to creative writing and I wanted to do something to push myself. Now I'm feeling waaaaaay in over my head Confused

Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by pineapple12 pineapple12 wrote:

Prompt:

This is my first year doing this contest. I entered because I'd been toying with the idea of getting back to creative writing and I wanted to do something to push myself. Now I'm feeling waaaaaay in over my head Confused

You've got this!

Easy object. I always struggle with suspense. The NYC Genre page is a good place to start though. I always find it easy to think of movies in that genre though.
Save
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:29pm

Prompt:

Hang in there. I think you'll be glad you did. Next time it will get a little easier.......did I say that?Shocked
leslieksf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslieksf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Eggcorn Eggcorn wrote:

Prompt:

You've got this!

Easy object. I always struggle with suspense. The NYC Genre page is a good place to start though. I always find it easy to think of movies in that genre though.
Save

Hang in there Pineapple12! I agree with Eggcorn, The genre page is helpful as is thinking about movies. 

Last year was my first year and I felt exactly the same way--over my head. And this year I still do :)
But you'll feel great once you finish/submit, no matter what. This forum and reading others' pieces makes it all worth it.
Best of luck, looking forward to reading it.
FFC2020 CH1R1 NAVIGATION
Teri Foltz View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teri Foltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 11:08pm
I got Action/ Adventure...a sea cliff....a video camera
If you're going to laugh about it someday, why not now?
Lord Xoon View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Xoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 11:18pm
Group 5

Fantasy
Swamp
Yoga Mat

Overall pleased with the draw.

Story's mostly done. Will just spend tomorrow fine-tuning.  I'm pretty new to flash, so I could be completely barking up the wrong tree, but whatever.  Fun so far.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 11:58pm

Prompt:

You are EXACTLY where I was this time last year. Welcome! 

Just relax and have fun.

FFC last year was my first entree into creative writing after a 20 year hiatus. I've since done both the Short Story Comp, Screenwriting, and well, I'm back.

You got this!
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Sara DW View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara DW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:55am
Fantasy - Commuter ferry - Tranquilizer gun

25 hours in and I'm scrapping 90% of my story and starting over. I don't mind the "flash" part of this challenge, but the "fiction" part is killing me.
AllisonM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:55am
Romance - a strawberry field - a golf ball

I finished it earlier today, thankfully. Waiting on beta reader feedback. It has been mostly positive thus far, except from my mom. Thanks, Mom. </3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>