NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUND TWO TITLE & LOGLINES TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROUND TWO TITLE & LOGLINES TEASERS
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:59pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING FINISHED ANOTHER SCREENPLAY! 

Here is where you can post your titles and loglines to taunt and tease others while we await confirmation ... something to pass the time ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R2/G7 - HISTORICAL FICTION/FEAR OF HEIGHTS/A DICTATOR
FEAR OF SPIDERS

When Colonel Muammar Gaddafi came to New York in 2009, he
decided he should be allowed to pitch his Bedouin tent in Central
Park.  This wasn’t the only eccentricity the US State Department
had to come to grips with.

Edited by Scarlet Screenwriter - 19 Jun 2017 at 12:01am
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:05am
Group 7: Historical Fiction / Fear of Heights / A Dictator

I'll have to say, I loved the research on this one. I've been completely immersed for the entire weekend... even after I clicked "Submit."

Маленький Воробей
(Little Sparrow)

Josef Stalin, the father of the Soviet Union, rose to terrifying heights of power in his bloody pursuit of the Communist Revolution. Yet none felt the hammer of his dictatorial fist as firmly as I, Svetlana, his only daughter.
simplya View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:08am
Haha I like it. My heat was #8: Ghost Story/Sewer System/Troubled Teen

The Unseen
A homeless man and his dead wife help a troubled teen navigate life on the streets of Las Vegas.
ozwaldo1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozwaldo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:15am
Kind of ran out of time on this one. Still finished, but I am not too optimistic on making it to the next round. Good luck to everyone.

Heat 6:
Suspense/Home Security/Youth Sports Coach

Logline: What if a Little League coach's lucky championship bat isn't that lucky after all?

Looking forward to reading the newest submissions.

JuliKobayashi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:24am
Congrats to all!

I was also in Group 7: Historical Fiction / Fear of Heights / A Dictator

In 15th century Eastern Europe, the wife of Vlad the Impaler plots to murder her husband.

I think I officially enjoy writing historical fiction... even with the time constraint! I am in a strange mood, though, having been living in Vlad III Dracula's (also known as Vlad Tepes, Vlad the Impaler, Vlad, Prince of Wallachia, etc etc) very violent world in the late middle ages for the past 3 days. Not something I'd recommend. I need to go and watch a comedy or look at kitten photos or something. 

It was interesting to see how little his wives were written about. That was good for me to take creative liberties, but it was astounding to me that the name of his first wife isn't even known. I wrote about his second wife, and had an entire side story about how history is written by the victors that had to be cut to make room for the "fear of heights" prompt. In some accounts, his two wives were combined into one "relationship"!  I had a nice parallel to today's "alternative facts" but I'll have to save that story for another time. I'm rambling because my brain is still whirring...

Anyway! I can't wait to read everyone's scripts once we're allowed to post. I hope everyone had fun this round!

Juli

JuliKobayashi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by shanan187 shanan187 wrote:

I'll have to say, I loved the research on this one. I've been completely immersed for the entire weekend... even after I clicked "Submit."

Маленький Воробей
(Little Sparrow)

Josef Stalin, the father of the Soviet Union, rose to terrifying heights of power in his bloody pursuit of the Communist Revolution. Yet none felt the hammer of his dictatorial fist as firmly as I, Svetlana, his only daughter.

Ooohhh I can't wait to read yours! Love the logline. I chose a somewhat similar approach to writing from the perspective of a lesser known female family member of an infamous dictator...
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:36am
Originally posted by JuliKobayashi JuliKobayashi wrote:

Originally posted by shanan187 shanan187 wrote:

Маленький Воробей
(Little Sparrow)

Ooohhh I can't wait to read yours! Love the logline. I chose a somewhat similar approach to writing from the perspective of a lesser known female family member of an infamous dictator...

Yours looks great, too! Can't wait to read it!!

I took a very liberal interpretation of "fear of heights"... we shall see if it flies. LOL
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:59am
Heat 4 - Mystery / Setting a Trap / A Tutor

The Siberian Trap

An FBI agent investigating the death of a gay Chechen refugee masters chess to extract what she needs from an informant -- and learns the true meaning of a pawn sacrifice.
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:06am
R2/H2 Horror/Natual Disaster/a new mother.

"Broth"

A family trapped in an unending snowstorm must face the unspeakable horrors each one beings to the table.
Splinker
https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArBspawnlI8yo1H2Ki5_xuZg-K0v?e=x2mixn
angelus0186 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelus0186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:20am
Heat 6:
Suspense/Home Security/Youth Sports Coach

'Consequence'
A former soccer coach hides himself away following a tragic event for which he is held responsible.

Loglines never were my strongsuit...
Screenwriting:

Challenge 4 (Final):
Sci Fi/Crater/Pepper Spray

The Journey Home:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByUVnwL8XUFvX2N5Vmc2WVJWbW8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>