NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUND TWO TITLE & LOGLINES TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:21am
Originally posted by MaHaBone MaHaBone wrote:

It's funny how often some of these prompts drive some eerily parallel development.  Looking through the results for round 1, I noticed at least one coincidence of scripts having not just similar log lines but identical titles.

Yep, mine included! It was an emotional rollercoaster looking at the results I can tell you. I look down the list to Heat 20 and see 'Best Served Cold' in first - yay! Oh wait, this one's written by someone else... - Gah! I look further down the list... made it into spot 4 - phew.
R2 Rhyming Story The Dying of the Light(Sci-Fi)
griffinm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffinm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Originally posted by Adite Adite wrote:

[QUOTE=griffinm]Round 2: Horror/Natural Disaster/New Mother

Hey...We are in the same group. Had a horror-ific time trying to write my first horror script. Can't wait to read yours! :) 

That makes three of us :) Not a bad hitrate for a semifinal group on the forums in my experience.

Agreed! I was in your Round 1 heat, so I'm excited to be paired up again.

Edited by griffinm - 20 Jun 2017 at 12:57pm
MaHaBone View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaHaBone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by rossinny rossinny wrote:

Originally posted by MaHaBone MaHaBone wrote:

It's funny how often some of these prompts drive some eerily parallel development.  Looking through the results for round 1, I noticed at least one coincidence of scripts having not just similar log lines but identical titles.

Yep, mine included! It was an emotional rollercoaster looking at the results I can tell you. I look down the list to Heat 20 and see 'Best Served Cold' in first - yay! Oh wait, this one's written by someone else... - Gah! I look further down the list... made it into spot 4 - phew.

heh heh, yours was exactly the one I was thinking of.  I scanned the results, looking for scripts I had read, and noticed that!
It KILLS ME that we don't get to read all the scripts :-(
R1:H44:Pressing the Flesh
R2:H3:Beef
thesleepermustawaken View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesleepermustawaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm
As always looks like a plethora of exciting scripts!!

Heat 7
Historical Fiction/Fear of Heights/A dictator

A Sensitive Child

A young Joseph Stalin looks to his mother to help guide him through
                                             his fear of heights, and towards his destiny.

Good luck y'all!
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by thesleepermustawaken thesleepermustawaken wrote:

Heat 7

A Sensitive Child

Good luck y'all!

OH LORT.

This is so similar to another script that shanan187 wrote here: http://forums.nycmidnight.com/round-two-title-loglines-teasers_topic14875_post177761.html#177761

On the one hand, you have the mother, and on the other hand, you have the daughter. Can't wait to see both scripts! (If that's possible, of course.)
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by thesleepermustawaken thesleepermustawaken wrote:

Heat 7

A Sensitive Child

Good luck y'all!

Awesome! I went with Stalin, too... kind of. Mine is from his daughter's POV. Looking forward to reading yours (if you post it :) )!
thesleepermustawaken View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesleepermustawaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:41pm

[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I went with Stalin, too... kind of. Mine is from his daughter's POV. Looking forward to reading yours (if you post it :) )!
[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome! I completely stepped out of the realm of anything documented, but found just the same small bit of info about his childhood and expounded upon it. Not feeling 100 but definitely glad to step out of the ol' zone 'o comfort. I look forward to reading yours as well, and yes mine will be posted!
Fluffy_shark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy_shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:48am

Hi - we are in the same heat and I also 'served up' tennis as the sport of choice! I agree it was a tough assignment.

I look forward to reading yours if you choose to post it!

Cheers,
Ross

I originally chose a runner but then realised my plot went hugely more down the crime drama route so I abandoned that one and went for rival tennis players in the end.  I did feel like I had to shoehorn the hunt for the biological parent in so hopefully it doesn't come across as too clunky. 

I look forward to reading yours too :)  

Edited by Fluffy_shark - 21 Jun 2017 at 8:55am
LukeRobot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeRobot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:19pm
Heat 7: Historical Fiction/Fear of Heights/A Dictator

From Great and Glorious Heights

A Venetian palace hand struggles to ensure an important ceremony is completed while trying to wrangle a newly appointed Duke with a crippling fear of heights. 

I kind of stretched the definition of "dictator" for this, but was the best I could do given the time restriction.

Levi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:02pm
Heat 6: Suspense / Home security / A youth sports coach

Home Advantage
A young girl with nowhere to run encounters homeowners with something to hide.

R3 Navigator (Drama)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>