NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Prompts - Yay? Nay?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Well, I got Group 7, Historical Fiction/Dictator/Fear of Heights ... Historical fiction is my favourite genre ... along with fantasy, political satire ... well, I guess all of them ... worked it out in the first few minutes ... wrote the title and log line first, as always ...  now just to let it simmer ...

HA! You can just resubmit your R1 screenplay verbatim!
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by brak brak wrote:

Anyone else on here get RomCom/a negotiation/a hitman? 

You've got at least one forumite in your group.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
thesleepermustawaken View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesleepermustawaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by JuliKobayashi JuliKobayashi wrote:

Originally posted by thesleepermustawaken thesleepermustawaken wrote:

I am right there with that historical fiction woe! I just keep telling myself that I am doing this for the challenge, and this is basically the biggest challenge yet!

I know, right? I feel like any other heat's prompts would have been easier for me. What I'm aiming for is centering my story on the emotions of the main character to keep dialogue at a minimum so that trying to get the dialect or political details correct of the historical era doesn't slow me down too much. Too soon to say at this point. Good luck to you!!

Yeah I have been so concerned because everything I read about H.F. is that the most important aspect is research and damn time spent perfecting the time period and language and all that! I definitely made it more of a character study, I don't really watch H.F., lets hope the idea is unique enough!! Good luck to you as well!!
thesleepermustawaken View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesleepermustawaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by MaHaBone MaHaBone wrote:

For the record, I will take Historical Fiction over Comedy- which is what i got this round.  Very worried my offbeat sense of humor is not going to translate through the written word.

Trade ya! 
I personally prefer offbeat humor, comedy is so broad, the darker the better I say!
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:26pm
Am I the only forumling in heat 4? Mystery - setting a trap - a tutor? Haven't seen anyone mention it yet...

And I feel for you HF folks. Dunno what I would've done with this prompt...

Edited by Zblugg - 18 Jun 2017 at 8:27pm
simplya View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:22pm
I got a ghost story/sewer system/a troubled teen, which I LOVE. Was super happy it was a genre that I'd enjoy because this contest literally could not have come on a worse weekend for me (I, of course, checked the dates AFTER I signed up Thumbs Up). Traveled abroad for a jam-packed family filled family wedding weekend, so I've had to sneak off and write any chance I could, but THANKFULLY I was able to finish. I was super-psyched to have made it to the second round - certainly had no idea what to expect with this competition. Congrats to everyone for getting this far & good luck when the judgement comes...Stern Smile
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Am I the only forumling in heat 4? Mystery - setting a trap - a tutor? Haven't seen anyone mention it yet...

Nope, I got it too.

Edited by JeffreyHowe - 18 Jun 2017 at 9:44pm
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Looking forward to reading your entry!

And good luck!
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by brak brak wrote:

Anyone else on here get RomCom/a negotiation/a hitman? 

Present! Smile
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Looking forward to reading your entry!

And good luck!
You too! I will be interested in seeing where people go with it.

Edited by JeffreyHowe - 18 Jun 2017 at 11:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>